Normal Anointed?

by Unbrainwashed publisher1 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Unbrainwashed publisher1
    Unbrainwashed publisher1

Has anyone ever met a professed anointed partaker that was normal? I mean for a considerable amount of time, not just in audience listening to a talk?

No offense to any professed partakers on here, but the ones I have spent time with have all seemed a little off has that been your experience?

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

The nutty partakers were never counted when I attended memorials, and that was direction given by overseer.

In order to be counted, the person had to be sane. So I the officials ones counted were pretty normal.

There's only 1 sane anointed person I was actually close to.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

For several years I knew a really kind and gentle brother who was a partaker. He was normal. His grandfather, on the other hand, who was also a partaker, had a few screws loose.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

There was one brother I knew back in the 90's who was in his 90's. He was kind, gentle, still very much with us upstairs. He passed away at the age of 99.

All the other partakers are basically mentally instable, alcoholic idiots. Some would even intruduce themselves as one of the annointed

• St George of England
    St George of England

Yes, when I was growing up in the 1950's I remember several anointed in the congregation, both male and female.

They were very normal hardworking people who sincerely believed the 'truth' and had given their entire lives for it. I don't know many anointed these days but I know plenty of the OS who are complete head cases.

George

Unbrainwashed publisher1

That's good to know some of these chosen ones have their scruples, but I must ask have any of you asked them how do they know they are anointed?

The answers I have gotten is just you just know that it's a strong feeling that's about as much as I have gotten for an answer, anybody

get anything different? I mean Hollywood and NY city is just filled with people who just know they where meant to be a star and they have a strong

feeling that it will happen! How is this any different?

• cofty
    cofty

Going back to the 70s there was an old couple in my home congregation - Coatbridge in central Scotland - called John and Jean Harley.

They went back to Rutherford's time and John often repeated a lot of the crazy old teachings but I have to say I have very fond memories of them both.

• blondie
    blondie

In the beginning of the WTS all members were partakers (1879). Not until 1935 did the WTS stop looking for anointed and the great crowd was searched for. If you walked into a meeting of those people, it would be much like walking into a KH today. I take it you are fairly young and likely were rarely in a congregation with someone who was anointed or several. There was a time when only anointed men could have positions of responsibility. I am much older and the anointed I knew were not any less stable than non-anointed

Most anointed professed today from that period are dead or very old. Any who have lately gotten the call up until the last few years were viewed as suspicious by the WTS except for a few exceptions and aren't considered spiritual examples. I grew up anointed jws in a time when they were no odder than the rest of the rank and file.

• scotoma
    scotoma

When I was young (50 years ago) the annointed were those who came in when everyone was annointed. They were normal.

Basically anyone who is in their 90's and has been a witness all their life were as normal as the general population. (Most are now senile)

Anyone who says they are annointed today is probably a little off.

Unbrainwashed publisher1

Yes in the context of the early beginnings of the Org. having someone profess to be of the anointed would be no odder than someone now saying they will live forever on earth petting tigers and lions in their backyard yet I still consider them to be stable or normal so I can see that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit