Sharing My Joy

by Sherri 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Sherri
    Sherri

I've not posted here for a long time, nor have I kept up even with browsing around, but I had a sudden urge to share my joy with the only group of people who might possibly understand how much this means to me.

I left the JWs about 15 years ago, of course losing basically everyone I was close to in the process. Over the years, I've never forgotten my old friends. Sometimes I dream about them, and when I wake up I feel bad for hours, missing them and knowing that they are as good as dead to me.

I visited my family in October 2001 and my brother told me he had run into one of my old friends in a bar. I asked him to set up a meeting while I was home. We met in a restaurant, and when I saw her, it was as if 15 years had never happened. It felt to me as if she had come back to life--I could see her, hug her, talk to her, hear what's been going on in her life for the past years. She is in the process of a divorce and in the process of leaving "the truth" as well.

The reason I'm feeling so joyful right now is because tomorrow morning I pick her up at Gatwick Airport for a three-week visit!! We have so much to catch up on, and I am SO HAPPY to be able to spend time with her again! I have been looking forward to her visit for months, and tomorrow she'll be here!

Thanks for listening. As I said above, only ex-JWs can understand what a precious thing it can be to regain contact with ones lost through that stupid shunning doctrine. Happy day!

• think41self
    think41self

Hey Sherri

That's great news, and you're right, we understand what a milestone this is!

That's me doing the happy dance with you. Have a great 3 weeks, and let us know how it's going.

think41self

She had the vocabulary of a brothel owner specializing in service to sailors with Tourette's syndrome

• rekless
    rekless

isn't funny about time warps.
    you can pick up just where you left off without an interruption

Hell is truth seen too late. H.G.Adams

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

That's fantastic news!
    I too have a close friend by my side again and we're going out Thursday night (the memorial) to celebrate our new freedom together.
    Have a great time and congrats on the renewal of a good friendship.

Anne

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Wonderful news and I can certainly relate to your feelings of jubilation. I was in the org. for 38 yrs and was disfellowshiped in Jan 2000, When I was in the org. my best friend was disfellowshipped in 1993, we did everything together we were inseprable until that year I was deeply saddened by her demise and I never got over it. I would think of her all the time and I would have a good cry and go on in the org. myself. Well we were apart for 7yrs. About six months after me being disfellowshipped my best friends daughter saw me in the store. As she was never baptised I knew I could talk to her. We had a quick chat and I told her what happened to me, she said oh call my mom. Well at first I didn't call as I was not to sure how she felt about us and I not talking to her for 7 yrs. Well let me tell you the great part, she called around to some friends we use to have in common and then she called my ex husband and he went into a rage he didn't realize who she was and he told her Terry left me and I have no idea where she is. Well she finally reached my son and the rest is history, we picked up after 7 yrs as if they never existed. We are back in each others life now and the happiness we both feel is indiscribable. We will never allow anything to seperate us ever again.
    So my dear friend there is gold at the end of the rainbow. Wishing you all the happiness you both deserve. May your joy be as great as mine and my dear friend bigfloppydog. aka Diane.

• Simon
    Simon

great news Sherri ... I hope you enjoy catching up with your friend. It's nice of you to share your good news with us

• Prisca
    Prisca

Great stories Sherri and orangefatcat! It's great for old friends to be able to reunite!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit