Putting it all in context

by smmcroberts 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smmcroberts
    smmcroberts

At their convention the WT spokesmen stated that “Apostates often bring out points that may be true, but are taken way out of context.”

So, I've gone to some lengths to put my criticism firmly within context for them in my latest blog:

http://smmcroberts.net/blog/putting-it-all-in-context/

Can you think of other topics that would benefit from this approach?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

my goodness, the pot calling the kettle black. They are the champions of cherry-picking quotes and taking things out of context.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Your website is very nicely presented. Wasn't Rutherford's first name Joseph. I think he was Joseph Franklin Rutherford.

I especially liked your questions toward the end, and yes, I do think this format lends itself to other topics.

I will look forward to reading more of your work.

• smmcroberts
    smmcroberts

Yeah, I don't know how I forgot the "Judge's" first name, though I wish I could forget him entirely.

I updated the blog with his full name, thanks whathappened for pointing it out, and for your kind comment.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    “Apostates often bring out points that may be true, but are taken way out of context.”

Typical WBT$ propaganda and spin. Fearmongering. Using the imaginary enemy 'apostates'(TM) to rally the R&F.

EG. How are this quote ''way out of context''? :-

Awake! 2009 July p.29 (p.28) "No one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and his family."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit