A Loving father.

by creativhoney 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

one parallel I always remember is that Jehovah God is likened to a loving father.

I have often wondered what kind of loving parent would go out indefinitely, not say where they were and leave their kids a vague and cryptic note of what to do while they were gone?

I have wondered what kind of parent would make it hard for their kids to figure out exactly what was expected of them, or watch them fail miserably from a distance.

Im assuming any parent like this would lose their kids until they sorted their heads out.

anyone else ever wondered this? :)

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yes, the absentee father. Also, what loving father would want his kids to be eternally so dependent on him that they are crippled without him? Today, we call that codependence. God needs for us to need him. Very needy god.

S

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Would this be the same Father that told Abraham to take his young son up on a mount and to slaughter him just to see if Abram would do it? Do you mean the all-knowing Father that tests his children just to see what they will do? Or maybe you mean the father that told the Israelites through Moses to perform genocide on the Midianites, Numbers 31, but to keep 32,000 virgins to pleasure themselves with? I guess if the virgins were more than 32,000 then the excess were killed too. Do you mean that father?

• eva luna
    eva luna

My "imperfect' Human Father is a billion times more loving than the 'Father' of the Old Testament.

Heck , I would have been eaten by bears as a kid. or stoned as a teen for some trivial thing. Or someting that my parents did, may have given me a soaking in the Flood.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Is that the father that has to be praised day and night? Is he that unsure of himself, or that narcissistic?

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

seems Im not the only one! its the worst analogy ever!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit