DO: what to do by doubts

by Gorbatchov 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

The DO told us at the recent district assembly @ The Netherlands, that if you have doubts about JW doctrine, you have to remain a strong connection with Jehovah God, because "you are dedicated to Jehovah and NOT to an organisation".

Later on a very old brother was interviewed and he gave the counsel "Keep your doubts about doctrine in a refrigiator, just wait and see". The DO asked him "how many refrigiators do you have? The brother told him "I have 3 refrigiators full".

• baltar447
    baltar447

Wow...

• designs
    designs

Suppression is so healthy.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

So do you think the old timer was an apostate? I mean really, who would actually admit to having 3 refrigerators full of doubt????????? I can't believe that they'd actually let that experience on stage because it is so ironic!!

But I guess the point of it all is, "Look at this old, beat-up, chewed-up, and spit-out old timer, if HE can do it, you all should just shut up, suck it up, and GET OVER IT."

- Wing Commander

• DeathSentry
    DeathSentry

But its interesting; not to sound harsh at all but it seems that if you do make a change, then people will normally have to think about it and how it applies in their lives. So I would think doubt would be normal.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Fine, when I realized I had a refrigerator full and couldn't even shut the door anymore, it was time to clean out the rot.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Only 3 fridges? My, this old geezer hasn't been paying attention!

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

When you put something in a refrigerator, it generally means you have an expectation of using it at a later time. Otherwise, you would probably burn it or throw it in the trash bin.

Another stupid analogy in the WT's long list of idiotic "illustrations"... this even tops the intravenus alcohol analogy they like to use to explain their flawed blood doctrine...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit