Reminded about the memorial 3 times to-day.

by meat pie 1 Replies latest jw friends

• meat pie
    meat pie

I can't say I was invited exactly, but I got up to find a text message on my mobile phone from a 'sister' asking me if I was going and if so did I need a lift there. Then while out shopping I saw an other who asked me if I was going. Got home and soon had voice mail from an elder. I called him back and he said, blah blah, you know I'm sure that its the memorial on Thursday.I told the last two the same thing; I always thought it was strange people only going to the memorial, like people who only go to church for Christmas. that I had thought about it a lot and that it would be insincere of me to go so no ,I would not be there. He just said ok right in a thoughtful, concerned kind of way.I suppose that's it, we'll see.

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

You're right, it is kind of lame to attend some service "once" a year......I had never been in a Lutheran Church, Duh,
    I wonder why....Anyway, I thought last Palm Sunday would be a good time to check one out (lots of "once-a-year
    -visitors, noone would notice me) well my supervisor at the time thought I was the BIGGEST hypocrite (she wasn't
    aware of my background) she said "I don't know WHY some people go to church once a year, I mean why bother
    to make an appearance "once a year" if you're not going to bother all YEAR? So why IS it that JW's EVERYWHERE
    try to make EVERYONE make an appearance once a year if they believe or not, it's like that's irrelevant to them. Is
    it possibly because the attendance is recorded in the WT? I don't remember but I believe it's like a BIG deal how
    many people attended....Proof that more are seeing the truth and the END is near ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit