Question for lurkers...

by Smily kelly 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Smily kelly
    Smily kelly

There is a saying that goes .’No man can for any considerable time wear one face to himself and another to the multitude, without getting bewildered as to which one is the true one…’So do you find this to be true, when you have to wear a different face when you are among JWs ..do you get tired of it all?

I know I do, and I hope one day there will be support groups in all parts of the world,so that we don’t have to live double lives,( this is no way to live), I am sure if there was a formidable one, the WT would go easy on the shunning doctrine as so many would leave? I wish we didn’t have to hide.........

Have a lovely week.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Good thoughts. What do you think of people generally, who live 2 lives? I'm talking about working people, like salespeople or others. They tend to have 2 lives: one is their work life, the other is their private life? Is that similar to the double living jw?

S

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I feel certain that many in the 1st Century (just prior to Christ's arrival in 33 C.E) would have been "lurkers" in the Scriptures - discussing amongst themselves (sighing & groaning) how corrupt and false much of the Judaic teachings/practices were.

Greater fulfillment today?

• nochoice
    nochoice

I am not quite sure if I am a lurker. What is the definition of a "lurker" on JWN? I thought it was someone who was apostate-curious. Someone who was "in" but having doubts. They haven't made any decisons yet on whether they're in "the Truth." For me, and I think for the people you are questioning, I am "out" mentally, but "in" physically by neccessity. There's no question what I believe. And YES, I can tell you that it takes its toll! I don't live a double life to the degree that I am living immorally, doing drugs, and cursing in private, while appearing spiritual at the KH. I think THAT would be very difficult to maintain and would be very confusing for me. Fortunately for me, my double life is what I believe versus what I preach and teach. Strictly hypocrital! It's hard enough just playing like I believe the stuff taught in the KH. Doing talks and being out in service when I know it's a waste of time but acting like I am zealous. And yes, that feeling when I am giving a prayer is terrible because I am only helping to perpetuate the lie!

• nochoice
    nochoice

Not sure why my comment above did not get separated into paragraphs, it worked for me before. Sorry for the block of text. And also, I meant to say that I am NOT living immorally ... etc.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    I know I do, and I hope one day there will be support groups in all parts of the world,so that we don't have to live double lives,( this is no way to live),...

There are ex-jw meet up groups. Check meetup.com in your area. If there isn't one in your area and you're not afraid to tell me your location, pm me, and I'l try to find some ex-jws in your area.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Say, since this thread is directed to the attention of the "lurkers", let me add something here...

Please, please, PLEASE - if you've done the research, have come to the realization that you no longer want to be a "Jehovah's Witness, and you've just about reached the point where you think you're going to explode from all the internal or mental conflict...

Please DO NOT ANNOUNCE THIS to your still-believing wife, still-believing husband, still-believing children, still-believing parents, the elders - unless you want some SERIOUS counselling sessions that could lead to a judicial committee... And do NOT announce it to any so-called "cool" Jehovah's Witness friends that you may have, if you do not want an upleasant realization regarding the true value of Jehovah's Witness "friendships"...

Instead, use the "SEARCH" function on this website and look up terms and phrases like "fade"... "successful fade"... "quietly leaving"... "how to leave quietly"... "how I got my family out"...

And so on.

Trust me, it will save you a LOT of grief, later on!!!

• flipper
    flipper

SMILY KELLY- Please know that if you are in this situation you describe, you have our empathy and deep concern. It's especially a hard situation if as Ziddina stated you have JW relatives that you cannot open up to for fear they will rat you out to the elders. Ziddina has good advice there to please do research and inform yourslf as to the ways you can fade and keep this quiet to your JW family for now. We are here to be of support to you , O.K. ? Remember that. Hang in there

• ziddina
    ziddina

Thx, flipper... I went back and added a little to my post.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit