Any differences between WT articals?

by alfredjones100 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• alfredjones100
    alfredjones100

Has anyone found differences between Watchtower articles found in bound volumes and its corresponding one in the Watchtower cd?

Or between different versions of the Watchtower cd's.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Never found a difference between the bound volumes and the CD. I haven't performed an exhaustive comparison, however they haven't changed the more likely things so it's unlikely anything else has been.

The bound volumes are occasionally different from the initial magazine printing though. (I don't have specific examples to hand. Google is your friend.)

There were a few minor wording differences in early printed copies of the Knowledge book, but nothing of substance.

I've seen some minor text formatting differences in different printings of Insight; nothing of substance.

Watch Tower Library CDs after 2006(ish) have the text for the updated version of the Revelation book. They also have the updated Bible Stories book, but the only difference is the addition of 'study questions'.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Jan 1 1989 Watchtower pg12 and the Bound volume later in the year had a very significant change...

WT: "He was also laying a foundation for a work that would be completed in our 20th century"

BV: "He was also laying a foundation for a work that would be completed in our day"

Truth book had a reprint change as well between the 1968 and the 1981 revision in the before and after 1975 hype

Millenial dawn had a pretty good change new light between the 1902 and 1924 editions.

Oz

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

See here for other examples of altered publications.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

They are so subtle you wouldn't know unless you are looking for it.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

AlfredJones... I noticed on another thread that you are an elder... did someone in your congregation bring up the issue about the "differences" recently?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

They are so subtle you wouldn't know unless you are looking for it.

The Jan 1st '89 WT statement that the work would be completed in the 20th cent was a BIG alteration. I knew sisters who wwere so thrilled that it would come in 11 years as promised. A Bro wrote up to ask why his bound volume was not the facimile copy that he had believed it to be . They just said that they realised the mistake in the original mag and wanted to correct it . I guess they hoped the matter would be forgotten, but we are here discussing it....

• processor
    processor

There have alwys been various dicussions about this. It seems that the CDs always contain the latest printed version. Some of the articles were altered in the bound volumes or other reprints, and in this case the new version is on the CD. Also for the books, the CD always contains the latest version.

So far, no one has found an article that has been changed specifically for the CD - where the CD would be different from any printed version.

• Most Noble
    Most Noble

I am ashamed to be part of this fraud!.

• wasblind
    wasblind

The devil is a sly one

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit