Moses comparrisons....research help

by problemaddict 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Hello all,

Cedars posting regarding the article "What Kind of Spirit do You Show?" got me thinking about something. The paragraph regarding the rebellion of Korah against Moses, is of course not a new comparrison. It always seems the branch is tacitly comparing themselves to Moses, which I believe is a pretty big issue. I seem to remember within the past year or two, there being SEVERAL of the study edition watchtowers making this comparison to one degree or another. I am thinking about 3 in the past year and a half.

Would anyone here have cataloged these particular comparrisons? I don't think JW.org has a search function for the WT's in the last two years.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I had a JW friend who actually suspected the GB had a Shekinah Light in their meeting room -- thought they really had Holy Spirit guidance as did Moses. Guess he got over that delusion as he's no longer an active JW.

You may recall that even though Moses was imperfect and made mistakes, he DID have such a pretty impressive sign from God "by day & by night".

Haven't seen anything like that from the GB.

Doc

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Thanks Doc.

Bump for the newbie to get some love.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

The Governing Body would have had to have received the Shekinah stone from someone, and who would that be?

The ark of Noah was said to have been lit by stones provided by the Lord. During the day they would glow bright and at night they would dim. The stones also had a way of revealing the Lord's will during their journey, but how that happened no one knows.

As I said elsewhere, there's no reason that the resurrected Jesus couldn't appear to the JW Governing Body. He appeared to the ancient apostles and stayed with them for 40 days. If he had an acting body of apostles on Earth today, he certainly would be free to appear to them. So why not the GB?

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Thanks CS.

Anyone that can help with this particulr request for some research help out there?

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Last try...

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Wow. I guess more dues need to be paid by yours truely to get some love?

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Here is a great discussion on this very point. It's called "God's Organization - Why He quit using it" by David Reed

http://womensministry.info/audio/teaching/david_reed_gods_org.mp3

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Thanks. I'll check it out after work. I don't suppose it has any of the WT articles making those tacit comparrisons does it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit