"They are MAD you know"

by Phizzy 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I was reading a bigraphical book where the guy writing visits Salt Lake City, he knew nothing about the LDS/Mormon church. he described the people waliking about like "something out of the Stepford Wives" he found it a bit weird from the get go.

He then did a bit of research and does a really good summation of exactly how looney the beliefs are, one bit I liked was that in his view there was a line of people going back to J.C that was 2000 years long, back to Joseph Smith, 150. As he said, which sounds the more plausible?

What got to me though was a friend of his came to work with him, and had to take Taxi to get to the place and was stuck in the Taxi for five hours with a Mormon driver, upon joining the author he said "They are f***Ing mad you know, Mormons".

My question is, as I have not spoken to any normal person about JW's who does not know I was once one, do the folks in the normal world who know a bit about JW's see them as Effin Mad ?

They must do, surely ?

• poppers
    poppers

My question is, as I have not spoken to any normal person about JW's who does not know I was once one, do the folks in the normal world who know a bit about JW's see them as Effin Mad ?

Had I not come across this site I wouldn't have given it another thought. Now, however, I do look at them and simply wonder "why don't the see the how loony they are?"

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

"do the folks in the normal world who know a bit about JW's see them as Effin Mad ?"

Yes.

However, many would also simply describe the JWs as odd.

• perfect1
    perfect1

No! there is too much religious tolerance in this country.

Maybe if they called the door to door work jihad- then people would notice.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Now that I've been out awhile and nobody knows I'm X-JW, I find it very interesting what people say about JW's when they think no JW or apologist is around.

• lumper
    lumper

i had two Jw ladies stop at my house last week. One was about thirty-five and the other just out of high school. After the initial small talk the older one made the offer of the three different tracts they are using. She seemed shocked when she asked which one would interest me and i said, "none." i offered a few criticisms of her beliefs but what really struck me is that the older woman had these really crazy cult eyes. I could truly see her going off if her belief system was challenged for any length of time. Never noticed the crazy eyes in a JW before- just never noticed I guess. i believe they are all deficient.

• talesin
    talesin

Now that I've been out awhile and nobody knows I'm X-JW, I find it very interesting what people say about JW's when they think no JW or apologist is around.

Yup, it's so funny. Someone will make a joke or comment about how WEIRD the Witnesses TM are. Then I say "oh, yeah, my family are all in that cult". Apologies! To which I reply,,, "No, they are crazy as loons,,, GO FOR IT!"

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit