Keeping secrets "please don't tell your father". Now this is war!!

by trailerfitter 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• trailerfitter
    trailerfitter

What detriment is there of religious study for children? Nothing. Children learn religions at school and hopefully here in the UK they are taught a balanced unbias view on all religious beliefs pacticed in the world leading to a more harmonious and less separate world.

It should be safe to assume that the JW teachings wouldn't be any different...open and honest. wouldn't they? (okay no need to spit your coffee out onto the monitor screen in surprise!!)

My JW partner and I are seperated and I get my son to come and stay with me regularly. He is an honest and a bright lad. Yesterday I had to enquire about Jesus and what his mother had taught him,..Yes it is worth having a watchful eye over these matters especially over a statement he came out with earlier this year "When Jesus comes back he is going to kill you". He sheepishly admitted that his mother warned him not to tell me what he had been learning. Not the first time I must add . She has this thing about even having guests over who are JWs. It becomes a secret. Doesn't take a genius to work out when she is holding back over child care arrangements to work out what is going on.

I know why because I am an atheist that my thinking is be dangerous to his "indoctrination". However it is not only shameful for her to do this, but it also could lead onto something far more damaging. Yes i am talking about the child molestation policies of the WT.

Getting back to the plot however, secrets are definitly a warfare tactic therefore I am at war with my wife, her teachings and the WT? That means they declaired war on me?. Like Hitler marching in to Poland its' the same thing. Move in, dominate and exploit. They did that with a member of my family.

So WT teaching are so shakey that they could be ripped apart from a person not interested in religious affairs? A knowledge of hstory will blow apart any JW statement " things are getting worse" if the person is not obsessed over the biblical end of the world rediculousness. but children are not logical thinkers at 7 years old. They feel. Certainly a child who has 2 different views could easily see the flaws and become able to make decisions on his own if he is taught to do so. BUT this could well be damaging to him because this issue is between two shaping parents. The WT won't leave it be and are determined to drag me into this, neither do i have the time nor the inclination to read their rubbish or read the bible but this indoctrination needs to be combatted.

Is there a specific resourse they use to teach children? I need to get hold of this to know what is being burried into his mind.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ah, you could use the "search" function... Look up "Youth" book, for starters...

And then there's the official JW website - do you have that address?

Here 'tis if not...

http://www.jw.org/en

[Hmmm!! I just checked the site - I think they had a picture of "Crested Butte", Colorado, on their site... Weird...]

• trailerfitter
    trailerfitter

Using Satans media? Internet, website, downloads? Thanks for link. It is just soo nice. So much useful advice, helpful tips. Hang on! They have had a marketing agency in to design the site....owww. Looks expensive!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You can't run interference 24/7, so you need to teach your son critical thinking skills so that he has the tools to recognise when he is being fed junk information, or logic, by your wife, yourself, or anyone else.

Start here

• trailerfitter
    trailerfitter

Okay, thanks for the links!!!

• flipper
    flipper

TRAILERFITTER- Another link I may suggest that you look into is Steve Hassan's website about how mind control organizations like Jehovah's Witnesses manipulate and control young people and adults like your ex-wife and son and how coercive the tactics are that are used. It's eye opening yet educational to be one leg up on the WT society so as to understand HOW to deal with it in a proactive way to protect your son. The Hassan website is : www.freedomofmind.com. Hassan's 3 books over the years are titled : " Combatting Cult Mind Control " & " Releasing the Bonds - Empowering People to Think For Themselves " & the 3rd most recent book " Freedom of Mind - Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs ". I believe these books will greatly assist you in your endeavor to help free your son's mind in time. Good luck to you my friend

• trailerfitter
    trailerfitter

Thanks Mr Flipper,. i know of Mr Hassan and will look on the site now. Watching a recent series on the BBC about Adolf Hitler, his charisma and how he organised the German people the tactics are the same as the indoctrination into any cult like religious organisation. He made the German people think they were elite, he told them there was only one true leader. His influence over the German nation included indoctrinating from a very early age of boys who were to die for Germany knowing they would live on in the spirit of Germany. Scary, and one can see what is in common with the WTBT$ and its blinkering of their followers..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit