A Song I Wrote in my JW Days...

by NeonMadman 8 Replies latest social entertainment

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

A very talented friend and I recently recorded a (non-religious) song that I wrote back in my days as a young JW. Thought some of you might enjoy listening. You can hear it at http://www.macjams.com/song/74898. Let me know what you think (Be gentle).

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

*circkets chirping*

• mouthy
    mouthy

I didnt know you were so clever sweetie... Very good....

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Thanks, Grace. I can always count on you to say something nice.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

it needed MORE cowbell. but really it a nice piece. great guitar and the drums were right on time tho could be a little more assertive.

• talesin
    talesin

Oh yeah, great 70s sound, man.

Agree with FS re the assertiveness.

I thoroughly enjoyed this tune, and had to share it with my facebook friends. Keep up the good work!

xo

tal

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I'm curious what you guys mean by "assertiveness." Are you referring to the vocal? I've been giving some thought to re-doing the vocal on the first two verses. I thought the instrumentation was awesome (which was Scott, not me), but I'm not at my strongest vocally doing rock music, I'm more of a folkie (as you will see if we get the other song we are working on finished).

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Oh, re-reading it, you were referring to the drums as not being assertive enough? Interesting, maybe we will need to do some more work...

• free @ last
    free @ last

Two thumbs up

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit