I Received A Phone Call Out Of The Blue, Spiritual Checkup Or Fishing Expo?

by ÁrbolesdeArabia 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

When my two pastors show up, I am going to ask them these questions in a different way. We loose too many JWs from apathy of the "holy-happy and self-assured members,The New Pharisee class. Focus needs to change to check up on the under to non-performing magazine salesmen.

I find things strange in the JW Organization. We allow friends (mostly weak and underperforming publishers to disappear without a trace) as we track down drunks, schizos, emotionally thrashed men and women, elderly to ancient lonely men and women too.

Why do we allow members coming to meetings drop off the radar, without asking why? Don't they deserve the same effort and spirit we were using to hunt down the drunks, winos, bong-jockey's, emo-men,women in field circus?

I laugh at their business model because it makes no sense! Why do JWs allow their own to leave the Org without putting up a figh? What if the weak ones were shown a little extra love? Instead of wasting money driving in circles in Kingdom Rummage sale, how about a new program like "take the weak ones kids bowling this week? Take the irregular mother out to lunch, dinner or something?

• sizemik
    sizemik

That'll go down like the theory of evolution . . .

What you're suggesting is a normal, practical, loving thing to do . . . you'll miss the target on all three. They're a cult . . . as in, they make the rules . . . you follow them. You'll never guilt them . . . they're trained to look for dissent and an independent attitude . . . and then DF you. It's how they roll. That's all they will see. The clinch question will be . . . "Do you believe that the F&DS are God's channel blah blah . . . "

I would avoid your two pastors if possible . . . good seldom comes from it.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Size, something starts to burn inside of us once we figure out we were lied to (facts were throughly omitted from the Mags) from the start. I agree it's going to be like floating a lead ballon, you have the right attitude and Blondie alway's says "don't caste perlas before swine!".

Feeling a cold coming on, maybe I can arrange for another visit next near some time? Why get my blood pressure all boiled up when I know they are trying to clean up their "Inactive, Irregular and Questionable" publishers off their list? Ideas sound good at the moment, I read today where the most damning thing a person can do is "text another person, mate, girlfriend or employer while they are pissed", acting in the moment creates tornado of shit flying everywhere.

Thank's for the counsel, at night I think of how stupid I was even when the "light" was flickering dimmer and dimmer, I stayed with the cult.

• sizemik
    sizemik

We all go through it . . . so please don't think I don't sympathise.

I stayed for a while against every fibre screaming ... go! That was 10 years ago now . . . and one thing I'll never regret is completely washing my hands of them when I finally did. Everyone's circumstances are different . . . but if you're already fading . . . attention is something you don't need. And empowering them by playing thier game by thier rules is as dangerous as it sounds.

Being deceived is a legitimate cause for anger and resentment. But let your fire burn out here . . . and they'll soon disappear over your horizon. Time adds perspective and you have a life to live . . . and you will be OK.

We all get colds . . . fairly regularly LOL. I'm sure you'll be feeling better soon . . . until next time.

All the best to you.

• Soledad
    Soledad

I laugh at their business model because it makes no sense! Why do JWs allow their own to leave the Org without putting up a figh? What if the weak ones were shown a little extra love? Instead of wasting money driving in circles in Kingdom Rummage sale, how about a new program like "take the weak ones kids bowling this week? Take the irregular mother out to lunch, dinner or something?

When I was a child and teen in the WT, I often felt so slighted by the members' behavior towards my family. I lived in a household where my mom, brother and me were the JWs, my father was in strong opposition but didn't intervene. I think if I really felt the so-called genuine love the JWs supposedly have for their own, it might have made a difference for me. I wouldn't have felt isolated and depressed all the time. As it were, the congregation I belonged to had cliques, and I was never a part of any circle.

But, I believe things happen for a reason. Since I was ignored all the time, that the set the ball in motion, so to speak, towards my departure. Leaving was the healthiest thing for me physically, emotionally, spiritually and mentally. I wouldn't be who I am today if I was still hanging on.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Soledad this same method of ignoring a single mother's child, allowing other kids with one believing parent to fall off the radar for life, that's Watchtower inability to motative their rank and file, elders and minsterial servants to implement their failed policy.

We all might have had different childhood experiences if this Organization practiced the love they preached but they do not! I know we have problem when we gently mention their "Slave's" half-backed, some are "twice-baked" doctrines. Witnesses are willing to listen to problems with the "unloving brotherhood they have experienced throughout their life." This is my way to start to chip away into their rock heads, the lack of love and hospitality is one of the most bitter pills Witnesses must swallow daily and it does leave a bitter after-taste.

We both had the same experience with crummy people in our youth, and I ignored their lack of affect for fellow friends and did not ask why they were so cold. We were told to be seen and not heard.

The first Kingdom Hall my mother went to, it took three months for these great people to introduce themselves to her in 1954. Witnesses were not better in the past, their social ineptness is part of the group. Why my Mum hung out with them and fought against her better feelings, I must now live knowing I made the break-away she could not.

Thank's Size, good wisdom from you is alway's welcome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit