The day Bluesapphire told me she was a JWs.

by Yadira Angelini 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• Yadira Angelini
    Yadira Angelini

I almost die the day Bluesapphire told me she was a JW.

Why? I was considering leaving the Roman Catholic Church myself years before she started studying with the JWs. My very first Bible I got it from a JWs neighbor!

Back then I was away from God and religion for many years. The only interest that I have for it was so that I can convert my situation at home into Paradise on Earth... since the Catholic Church was failing in providing me with a nice husband, why should I keep loyal? I felt the Church had failed me... my home situation was horrible, with six children, an uncaring and alcoholic husband... on the other fence, I could see good family examples like my good Mormon neighbor’s home. So, I started to play with the idea to become a Mormon, or Lutheran or maybe even Methodist.

Another neighbor was a JW and I asked her for a Bible. I started reading it, but I was to busy involved with the dynamics of a dysfunctional family, that I couldn't even concentrate.

Both of my parents were very devout Catholics. They passed the gift of Faith to two brothers another sister and me. My sister and I spend many of our early years living with the nuns in a convent. The nuns thought me how read when I was five years old and I have the best of memories of them... but I couldn't bring myself to devotions and dedication as my sister did. So when I marry blue’s father, I stopped going to Mass altogether. Many years went by until I reach a crisis and I started to search for God... I searched within the Catholic Church, but even so, I resented God for allowing the mess of my marriage life, for not changing my husband and that is exactly when I wanted to leave the Church, so other church could fix my life and my husband.

God had other plans for me. One afternoon I went to visit the Blessed Sacrament at my Church and I met a lady there and I confided her I was considering leaving the Church.

She stared at me and asks me if I have time to go to her house. I said why yes, I like to go. Anyone I can talk freely will do in those days.

She had piles of books: most of them about the Saints... but also, about the Early Fathers; she had books like St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Agustin writings, St. Catherine of Siena... all of them champions on the love of God. She let me have a box of books... she would buy books and place them on the racket at the temple for people to get them; she was a convert herself.

I began reading and I read like for about a month... I couldn't wait for my kids to go to school, so that I could spend the whole day reading and part of the nights... I was crying from gratitude to God for He knew and He didn't aloud me to leave... so I changed Catholic from tradition, and I became a Catholic from conviction. I started lo love the Church I almost left. I discovered the beautiful gifts It had. And my love for Her grow and grow each day. One day I was anguishing at the thought of not loving Jesus like all the saints I was reading about loved Him and an immediate thought came to mind: “When you love my Church, you love Me”. Since then, I don't question my love for Jesus, I know I love Him because He loved me first.

The day bluesapphire called me to tell me she had become a JW, I was in Costa Rica and she called from California. Blue is a sweet girl, but that day she sounded real mean and harsh... It was a beautiful afternoon in Costa Rica and when the phone ringed I got the saddest news I ever got in my life. I knew she was studying with them and I did alert her and warned her against them. But I thought that I have convinced her when I ask her one day, why did she thinks the Satanists look for Consecrated Hosts to desecrated in their rituals. Why didn't they go after the bread the Protestants used? She looked puzzled and relieved, and happy... but she still continue to study with them and the rest she may want to say it herself...

After seven years, she came out! I remember praying for her to come back to the Catholic Church. Never the less, this guy who was a former JW and had become Catholic told me one night, do not ask Jesus to bring her to the Church, rather, ask Him to bring her out and He will lead her back to the Church. And He did!

• California Sunshine
    California Sunshine

Hi Yadira,
    I'm happy to read your post and to know that you are content with the faith of your choice.
    My first husband was an alcoholic and I know the misery that goes along with that desease. We are divorced now and I have been married to my second husband for 16 years. He knows of my JW background and could care less. I don't have to worry about him ever wanting to take up that crazy religion because he tells me he could never give up birthday cakes and Christmas and all the pirks that go along with those celebrations.
    I'm so glad that Blue saw this religious cult for what it is and left. You must feel a burden has been lifted off your heart. I'm lucky, my children want nothing to do with it because they have been witness to what it has done to my side of their family. My wish for you is that your other daughter will come to her sences and leave someday. Until then you have Blue for comfort.

I guess it's, "One down and one to go"

(((((Yadira)))))

Sunny

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yad

I'm glad your daughter came back to you. I'm not a bible believer anymore, or religious, but i have a book of catholic saint stories. From time to time i will read some, as they are very inspiring. The rc church is one i do respect a bit. Thanks.

SS

• Yadira Angelini
    Yadira Angelini

California Shinshine, very glad to have the opportunity to thank you for your response on the other thread. And now this one... yes! hopefully it is like you said: "one down and one to go".

Saint Satan, you are a saint, you have guessed my nickname on the other thread: "Yadi". Thanks for your feedback... nice and respectful.

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

yadira,
    Thank you for posting your story. I am so happy for you, that so many unhappy things are now in the past. Give blue a big hug.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Thank you for sharing your experience. It was very touching. I am glad that you are so happy and so satisfied with your life and your faith and that you have Blue to share it with you. You are a lucky woman to have such a devoted daughter. Blue is also lucky because she has you as a mother!

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

(((((Dutchie, Concerned Mama, SaintSatan, California Sunshine and of course Mom)))))

Yes, I remember well calling you in CR to tell you I got baptized. I also remember you begging me to stop studying with my little sister. I wish I had listened. I'm sorry I didn't listen, mom. But we'll get her out!!!

• Yadira Angelini
    Yadira Angelini

California sunshine, I was half sleep when I post you back. Just one more thing: I'm also now married for the second time. It has been eleven years. Just this past October, our marriage was blessed by the Church since I got an annulment from the other one. I'm glad you are having a normal life too.

Dutchie, I'm just begining to met all of you at this forum, I mean in a more personal manner. I'm sure we will get acquanted rather easy. Yes, I'm very fortunate to have blue as a daughter, we are very close and it's a joy to have her so close in my life.

concerned mama, I'll sure give blue a big hug, you hear blue? Blue, I love you!

Peace and Harmony
    Yadira

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit