El Bloombito finally called off NYC marathon

by ShirleyW 6 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

My empty headed Mayor finally made the call, I don't know why it took it him so long, he waited until 5pm this evening to make the announcement. I think part of the reason among many others is that on the front page of the NYPost there's a picture of two generators in Central Park that were set up to run the tents for the marathon, heard on the news one of them could've powered 400 homes.

And the first point for the race is Staten Island, which got absolutely clobbered by the storm.

One hotel owner in SI said that he's full with folks who've lost their homes, and although some runners made it here, he's not going to kick out his neighbors that need shelter.

BTW for those who are not Twitter fans like I am, El Bloombito is a Twitter site that makes fun of Bloomberg because every time he gives a speech he always feels the need to give part of the speech in Spanish, which he does horribly !

• perfect1
    perfect1

Ok, but honestly, Bloombito has impressed me lately.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

I dont live in NY so I cant speak on his actions as mayor, but to have that race would be insulting. I'm thinking he was hoping the race would provide encouragement or foster a sense of pride. It might be an indication of how aloof and out of touch with people he is. Similar to the Bethelites letting other JWs know they're ok after the storm and making mention that still participated in Family Worship Night. They really dont have a clue about how retarded they are.

• Glander
    Glander

Living in Oregon, when I heard about the NYC marathon going ahead on schedule yesterday I had no opinion one way or the other. But as I saw more current coverage of the disaster - 4 hour lines for gasoline, no electricity for millions, on and on, the marathon started to clash with my feelings of propriety. Glad to see they cancelled it.

Surely they can reschedule the marathon or skip it this year.

The suffering people back there are, I think, understandable in resenting the event right now.

• Glander
    Glander

Please say so if the following is considered hi-jacking.

I just learned that the property taxes in the disaster zone are going to be demanded through the end of the third quarter, September, 30.

Can you imagine holding your tax bill in hand and looking at the pile of rubble that used to be your house?

Should these folks be forgiven the tax due?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I just saw Michael Wolff on CNN, who thinks the Marathon should still go on. What an idiot.

• Soledad
    Soledad

"El Bloombito" love that! LOL

Glad the marathon was called off, although I initially thought it should go on. It's not right that there are so many people around town starving while hundreds of thousands are running, being handed water, being fed before and after the race.

Ok, but honestly, Bloombito has impressed me lately.

trust me, you don't want this jerk as your boss. He was mine for 5 years. "El tacaƱo" is what we called him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit