Euthanized

by Vindico 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vindico
    Vindico

So, I was wondering at what age do the head honcho's feel fit to retire bethelites or circut and district overseers?

• james_woods
    james_woods

This was always on a case-by-case basis for COs and DOs.

I think that GB members are simply left there until they die - for example, Albert Schroeder was left on the GB long after he could no longer even talk.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

I remember being on a tour of the home in Brooklyn and seeing a very elderly brother untangling and stacking wire coat hangers. Our tour guide introduced us and said that this brother had been a Bethelite since the '20s. He wasn't anyone prominent, just a R&F Bethelite. I think as long as they're able to contribute something they can stay.

What happens if they develop dementia, but due to putting off marriage and children they have no family to take care of them? Dump 'em on a congregation?

• Vindico
  • Vindico
    Vindico

GB sure, but what about that guy that changes the light bulbs for 40 years. Do they house him or ship him back to where he came from.

We had a circuit overseer retire here in Albuquerque and he lived in the back of the hall broke as a joke. I don’t know if he got a check every month from them. I am interested to though.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I think as long as they're able to contribute something they can stay.

That may have been true in the past, but it may very well no longer be true today. There was a general cleaning of the hives a few years back reported here on JWN.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon
    I think that GB members are simply left there until they die - for example, Albert Schroeder was left on the GB long after he could no longer even talk.

James, I just got this vision of Captain Pike on the Governing Body....

• james_woods
    james_woods

Beep. (that was my Yes beep)

• Glander
    Glander

As said above by cobalt, I have always understood that these mid level management guys (the GB is a special category) are kept on until they are no longer able to cover the assignment. What I really don't have a clear picture of is what kind of support does the org provide when they start crapping their pants. What about the wives who sacrifice every bit as much but get zero recognition or ego stroking? Do they provide any medical or long term care? Assisted living costs are way more than the WT paid for functioning CO/DO's. The congs pick up most of the living expenses anyway.

What a racket. What about the poor old guys who worked in the factory all their life?

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

I think they wait till they show signs of dementia and then add 40 years.

NJY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit