Hebrews 12:28 - Holy Fear

by MavMan 6 Replies latest jw friends

• MavMan
    MavMan

Hebrews 12:28
    "Since we are receiving a Kingdom that cannot be destroyed, let us be thankful and please God by worshiping him with holy fear and awe."

Do you worship God with Holy Fear and awe?

A careful reading of the 12th chapter of Hebrews will reveal some awesome truths and guide you in the worship of a loving and powerful God.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

All hail Sheba!!!

(sorry, couldn't help myself.)

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• LDH
    LDH

Just as soon as I receive that new kingdom Paul refers to, I'll be happy to worship God with Holy Fear.

Shit, I'd be happy with a new Jaguar.

Lisa

• Gopher
    Gopher

Dallas Mavericks put the fear of God into all opponents except for the Sacramento Kings. But they're already kings, they don't need to receive a kingdom.

Long live Mike Bibby, Chucky Brown, Doug Christie, Mateen Cleaves, Vlade Divac, Lawrence Funderburke, Bobby Jackson, Scot Pollard, Predrag Stojakovic, Hidayet Turkoglu, Gerald Wallace and Chris Webber!

-J.R., member, UADNA-MN
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Minnesota division)

This post was not evaluated by any mental health professionals.
    Any opinions expressed are those of a fuzzy, cuddly rodent.

• Valis
    Valis

I might live in 'holy fear and awe" if I could walk on water, part the Red Sea, have one of those cool Moses staffs that turned into a snake and pissed off other magicians, cast demons into a herd of swine, make water into wine/beer, feed all my friends w/endless loaves and fishes on demand, build a boat and hang out with a pair of each animal on the earth for 40 days/nights, be concieved immaculately, get resurrected, turn into a pillar of salt, talk to a snake, slay giants with a geology specimen, play like Louie Armstrong of the Old Testament and ruin fortified cities, eat flaky stuff that fell out of the sky for sustinence, hang out with a whole bunch of ravenous lions and not get eaten, and most of all....believe the absurd.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

MavMan,

You are not quoting the NWT. Why? Aren't you a Witness?

IW

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

hello mav

UADNA-New Jersey Chapter-"OUR REACH IS FAR, OUR CAUSE IS JUST"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit