Canada : Supreme Court won't hear case of man who sued parents, Mormon church over rites

by yalbmert99 3 Replies latest social current

• yalbmert99
    yalbmert99

Canada : Supreme Court won't hear case of man who sued parents, Mormon church over rites. Jan. 15, 2015

http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/supreme-court-wont-hear-case-of-man-who-sued-parents-mormon-church-over-rites

• undercover witness
    undercover witness

Hello.  Am very curious having once been a member of this group.  I personally witnessed the extreme, almost suicidal emotions that the Bishopric engendered in some people.  I was what they call Ward Clerk.

The Mormon rituals can seem bizarre to many, and indeed some are actually beyond comprehension among the sane and sound of mind.  I cannot myself claim to be of sound mind entirely since my involvement with the LDS Church but you have to admit that they make really posh temples, eh?

Apparently me and my missus here in the UK can't pop off to heaven now or have our own planet to play on 'coz we never got married in the Celestial-thingy-place-where-you-gotta-get-married-or-else-you-ain't-goin'-nowhere-when-you-snuffs-it room upstairs.  This is because Mormons preach that Jehovah has a planet called Kolob and if we behave we can have one and be God as well.  This is Mormon doctrine in one phrase.

Now if that doesn't leave you of slightly unsound mind then nothing will.

So can entirely comprehend why this person wants to sue the Mormon Church.  As for suing his parents, perhaps simply pointing out that we are in fact all slightly insane on this planet may help his heart grow just a little fonder towards them, but I don't know his situation so cannot offer any guidance, were it needed, without appearing to be telling some-one what to do. I do not presume to do so.

Let's hope he gets better and continues to breath the life God gave him.  One thing I personally learned and wholeheartedly state:  Keep well away from the LDS.  They do not know what is going on and their dogma makes no logical sense.  I am not anti-Christian and love to hear anyone label themselves Christian.  It gets even better when they try to do to others what they want done to themselves. But when men or dodgy intellect get together in groups with a dogmatic mind they sometimes go insane and often think they can run the place on the Creator's behalf.  They cannot.  No amount of ideological stuff makes up for the harm it causes when applied to the mind that will be harmed by it.  Too many religious zealots and over enthusiastic evangelisers seem oblivious to this..

The fact that Mormons can be demonstrated to hold a view that it not entirely correct does not make them monsters, however, nor anything like it, so I make no suggestion that they are.  The vast majority are genuine good hearted folk who are sincerely seeking Christ and our Creator.  So in that regard I wish them good luck, truly, but would recommend all Mormons think properly about what they are saying.  One of the arguments used by a Mormon elder I knew as proof that the Book or Mormon is true is that it contains thousands of wars and no-one could make that lot up.  Hmmmm....only one Mormon view among millions but the fact that this statement is used as any kind of proof shows that Mormons are not correctly taught else this statement would be unutterable by any Mormon. 

But overall, like most on this planet, they mean no harm but only benefit to their fellow human.  This is also very true of Jehovah's Witnesses.  We are all of distorted mind.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Welcome UNDERCOVER WITNESS. Hope you benefit yourself here by things you learn, as well as helping others with your insights and knowledge.

My wife and I are rapidly fading as Witnesses since we discovered The Truth About The Truth (TTAT) over the past 4 years. No contributions, no recruiting, and very limited meeting attendance!

Life is good when you are not under some religion's thumb!

• yalbmert99
    yalbmert99
    Thanks for your comments!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit