For those disfellowshipped for apostasy

by MavMan 3 Replies latest jw friends

• MavMan
    MavMan

I have read some of the accounts about facing a judicial committee. I enjoyed reading Amazing's well-written account on what he went through.

As I read this accounts I am leaning how to treat people and how I would react in a similar situation.

I would like to ask those that went through this ordeal:

When you think back on how things happened, is there anything that you would have liked to do differently?

Is there anything that the elders could have done to make you feel comfortable to the point of staying inside the organization?

• Will Power
    Will Power

Mav man

Have you listened to any of the audio tapes of judicial hearings?
    It might be a good way to see where & who could have said things differently.

I can't find the link here but if anyone remembers where it is I'm sure they will post if you want.

Here is a link for a transcribed tape recorded hearing. Not sure if it is at the beginning or not.

http://www.disfellowshipped.org/Judicial%20jc_page_7.htm

good luck defending

• JT
    JT

MavMan

I would like to apologize for lighting into you earlier, on your post

i have often dogged others for doing what i have done to you,

I would like to say it is good that you are at LEAST WILLING to examine waht you and I have been taught for so many years.

I commend you in that you are doing something that well over 6 million folks would not dare to do.

allow me to ask you this , could you share your veiws on this new position of the wt,

for years jw were told that if you personally felt a certain way about the explanation given in the publications ---- it was ok as long as you KEPT IT TO YOURSElf, YES AS long as you held it as your PERSONAL VIEW,

but recently they have changed this to the following:

"Today's Watchtower lesson instructs Witnesses not to think for themselves when it comes to Bible understanding:
    Augest 1, 2001, p. 14, par. 8:

First, since "oneness" is to be observed, a mature Christian must be in unity and full harmony with fellow believers as far as faith and knowledge are concerned. He does not advocate or insist on personal opinions or harbor private ideas when it comes to Bible understanding. Rater, he has complete confidence in the truth as it is revealed by Jehovah God through his Son, Jesus Christ, and "the faithful and discreet slave." By regularly taking in the spiritual food provided "at the proper time" -- through Christian publications, meetings, assemblies, and conventions -- we can be sure that we maintain "oneness" with fellow Christians in faith and knowledge. -- Matthew 24:45"

Do you agree that the wt is correct in saying that you are UNSPIRITUAL AND IMMATURE for having your own views>

thanks

james

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

no

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit