Could be good, could be bad!

by new boy 8 Replies latest jw friends

• new boy
    new boy

Over a 100 years ago there lived a poor mexican Pedro. One day his son left the the barn door open, his only horse {his chief sourse of income} got out. Everyone said "poor Pedro you are in big trouble now!" Pedro said "could be good, could be bad!" everyone thought Pedro was an idiot. Five days later, the horse came back, with five wild stallions, everyone said "this is great your rich" Pedro said "could be good, could be bad". everyone again thought Pedro was an idiot. Five days later, his son was in the corral, braking in one of the horses, it was then the horse broke his sons leg. Again everyone said "this is the worst possible thing!" Again Pedro said "could be good, could be bad"---Yes you know what they thought. Five days later the Mexican army came into your village to take all the young men to war. The battle in which they fought most of all the young men died!--------------So there are things in your life NOW, you KNOW are bad, and there are things NOW, you BLESS as good, but really its only in time that we truly can see what was GOOD & BAD in our lives. We can bless the good an bad for it is all good.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

((((((((((((( new boy ))))))))))))

• Introspection
    Introspection

That's funny, apparently the same thing happend to some Chinese guy a long time ago.. Seriously, from what I've seen this has always been referred to as a Taoist story.

If you like this, you might like the Tao Te Ching. No stories, but it makes the same point in different ways.

• Simon
    Simon

Good story ... makes you think

I know I've had things happen that at the time were a real downer but later I would call a good turning point:

I was unfairly dismissed from one job but the company was *not nice* and I would not have progressed skills wise if I had stayed. It forced me to change and now I am doing much better than I would have if I had still been there.

Other things I though was good at the time turned out to be a big mistake:

I remember being held under water in a renovated movie theatre in front of a crowd of people

• Smoldering Wick
    Smoldering Wick
    I remember being held under water in a renovated movie theatre in front of a crowd of people

- Simon

Ah Simon,

"could be good, could be bad"---if it wasn't for that day of dunking, you probably wouldn't be here today helping so many people.

Wick
    Always Good Class lol

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." ~Voltaire

• Introspection
    Introspection

LOL Simon, when I first read that I thought it was some kind of bullying thing, bizarre hazing ritual or what have you...

• new boy
    new boy

Still think it's a good story!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Pedro was a communist

• Was New Boy
    Was New Boy

11 years ago bone yard story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest