Did I do a fade without knowing it?

by Aussie Oz 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Seeing that there a few new fade threads, and farkels hard to top one, got me to wondering if i actually faded without realizing it till 14 years later...

rewind to 1998 when i just plum ran out of steam. Too many years battling my personal demons resulted in a rapid cease function and in the course of a couple of months i went from M/S and the guy most likely to succeed to leaving wife and congregation. I passed in asignments, stopped preaching and meetings cold turkey, handed back public talks etc. For the next two years until i was DF i sat alone in my rented apartment in another part of town, rarely getting any JW visitors at all. The old cong had no new one to send my card to, hell the new local one didnt even know i was there. When I was DF by then a quarter of the old cong probably had never heard of me.

Don't know if i faded or melted!

Oz

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

You became The Invisible Aussie ! it must be great to have super powers !

I started to "fade" before I knew the term, before I had the courage to go on-line and find stuff, which eventually led me here.

I stopped FS, PT's and other talks, the only thing I continued to do was "answer" at the Meetings, and as time went on these became more contoversial, I even slipped one in about the U.N membership scandal, LOL.

Then one day I just walked, never to return, I had intended to go to the odd meeting for a while, but I just couldn't face stepping back in to a K.H, so never did.

Now I think I am more jaded than faded.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I prefer to call it a succesful escape.

1998 was about the time I started missing meetings too.

I took almost 5 years for the indoctrination to subside to a bearable level though.

I am still living in the same home and have had only one JW come by and he didn't know that

I had been a member of his little denomination so I let him walk into contradicting the Watchtower Publishing Company a couple of times

before I informed him of some of their new light.

I haven't set foot in a kingdom hall since the 'Memorial' of 2003 and never will again.

Too many demons lurking in that place.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I had stopped cold turkey too. After several months of research I went to my last meeting. My wife was sick and wasn’t there because of morning sickness. I came in, talked to a couple friends then as the song was starting an elder’s wife asked me where my wife was and I told her she has morning sickness. I didn’t want to be there anymore so after the Sunday talk I got up and left and have never been back to a meeting, only once to another hall for a funeral…really depressing BTW. That was 13 months ago. I still live in the same house and my wife is still very loyal to the WTbullshit. The elders have contacted me a couple of times. The most recent I told them I didn’t believe in god, Jehovah and Jesus as our savior or anything that comes with it. I wonder if they will do anything with this latest info I shared with them a couple weeks ago.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

To answer your topic question... yes I think you did. I did without knowing that was what is was called. in the months leading to me leaving I stoped commenting and only turned in one or two hours for service.

• gabrielg
    gabrielg

Without writing 2 page answers. Question for anyone posting in repply to this or whoever reads this. What would be your reason/reasons for fading? What do you think is other peoples reasons for fading? Do you agree with those reasons?

To keep it simple the format could be like:

Reasons for fading

1) Contradicting beliefs (name Example, don't ellaborate)

2) Organization's strictness (name example)

3) Sins committed by me or others (name example)

Reasons I don't agree with for fading

1) I don't like ties

2) I like birthdates

3) so on...

• crystlew123
    crystlew123

i basically started to fade, then dropped off the face of the earth. lol.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Aussie Oz >> By your own admission you were DF. How were they able to catch on to your fade? I guess at that point it became clear that it was an act of fading.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I'd heard the term once - in passing - when I was still active, and applied it to myself when I started to fade a few years later.

I'd had no idea that there was such a large group of people who'd self-identified themselves that way, until I really started investigating why I'd been feeling that there was something "off" about the WTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit