How Sould We View The Christ Today?

by wannabe 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wannabe
    wannabe

How Should We View The Christ Today?

For my eighty-one years, at least, Religious Christendom has portrayed the Christ as a wee tiny baby, lying in a manger all wrapped in swaddling clothes. Year, after year, after year, always the same. Even now, today. In their minds, Jesus is still only that wee tiny baby. Now, can we say, that, that, portrayal, is even reasonable? How old was the Christ, when John the Baptist, Baptized Jesus in the Jorden River? Was he not, at least, Thirty Years old? How old would he have been at his ascension back to the right hand of his Father? After completing his three and one half years of his ministry? Again, would he not have been, at least thirty-three years old? So, even from that reasoning, it is shown that Religious Christendom, must not have been granted to understand the Holy Writings, nor would they have had their minds fully opened to grasp the meaning of the scriptures. But, even so, does it take a Rocket Scientist, to know, as the years progress, one quite naturaly grows older, and the longer one lives, the older one gets. [Matthew 13:10-15] [Luke 24:45]

One would wonder, would they not; cannot the Religious Leaders of Christendom's Main-Line Religions, not read their Bibles with understanding? Do they not get the sense of these following words taken from Lukes account, that reveal the following to us: "Now his Parents were accustumed to go from year to year to Jerusalem for the festival of the passover. And when he became Twelve years old, they went up according to the custom." ...

Verse 47 of Luke 2:41-49- tells us: "But all those listening to him were in constant amazement at his understanding and his answers." Notice what Jesus tells us in verse 49, these words: "But he said to them: "Why did you have to go looking for me? Did you not know that I must be in the House of my Father?"

Ask yourselves a question, now, why would Jesus, at the age of Twelve Years Old, be able to amaze these Religious Teachers that were listening to him? Would it not be, because of what he had said to his followers, sometime later? Something that the Apostle John had penned, as in the following: "I no longer call you slaves, because a slave does not know what his master does, But I have called you friends, because all the things I have heard from my Father I have made known to you." So, in view of those words, is it any wonder he was was able to amaze those Religious Teachers? They also reveal something else, do they not? It would appear because of the portrayal of Jesus, that Religious Christendom presents us every year, that Jesus has not made known to them, everything that he had heard from his Father! So, quite clearly, Religious Christendom is no friend of Jesus, because they are not even aware of his proper age. Much less of anything else, I might add! They prove that to us, by their false teaching of a Trinity Doctrine, the doctrine of their Immortal Soul, their doctrine of Torment in a fiery hell for all eternity. None of which are Bible based Teachings. They are the Doctrines of Demons that Paul warned us all about.[John 15:15]

When we really think seriously about this matter of Jesus true age, it could never be known, because it is not revealed in the Bible, anywhere! Why would I, make a statement such as that?

Because of these following words, of Jesus himself: "So now you, Father, glorify me along side your self with the glory that I had alongside you before the World Was." [John 17: 5] Think about those words of Jesus for a moment! Even before, Jehovah had created this World, and put that pair in the Garden of Eden, Jesus was right there beside his Father, as a co-creator. How do we know that for certain? Because of these following words: "And God went on to say: "Let US make man in OUR IMAGE according to OUR likeness, and let them have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and the domestic animals and all the earth and every moving animal that is moving upon the earth." [Genesis 1: 26] So, as I said, Jesus was right there beside his Father, aiding his Father in the creation of this earth and everything upon it. US and OUR tells us a lot, does it not?

The Prophet Micah reveals a little more about the origin of the Christ, for hear these next words: "And you, O Beth'le-hem Eph'ra-thah, the one too little to get to be among the thousands of Judah, from you there will come out to me the one who is to become ruler in Israel, whose origin is from early times, from the days of time indefinite." [Micah 5:2] This, quite clearly is talking about the Christ, and shows very clearly, that no man on this earth, could ever attach a birth-date for the Christ.

However, as he sat there alongside his Father, he was not the human, Jesus, but a very powerful Arch - Angel, who aided his Father in the creation of this earth; whose life-force was transferred from the heavenly spirit realm into the womb of the virgin Mary; hence from there became the human, Jesus, that wee tiny baby in the manger, under discussion here. Listen now, to the words of the Angel Gabriel, as he answers Mary's question, put to him: "But Mary said to the angel: "How is this to be, since I am having no intercourse with a man? In answer the angel said to her: "Holy Spirit will come upon you, and power of the Most High will overshadow you. For that reason also what is born will be called Holy, God's Son." [Luke 1:34,35]

Now, think about this, at his ascension, we know, that Jesus was a little over thirty three years old, and since that time, over two thousand years have passed, so, in that case, viewing it in that light, would not Jesus, now, be over two thousand years old? Yet, Religious Christendom even in the face of that calculation, still view Jesus as that wee tiny baby in a manger. Are they out to lunch, or what? They will lead you to believe that they are very intellectual people; very highly educated. But do they come off sounding that way, by their portrayal of Jesus, every year, as that wee baby in a manger? I'm not certain, whose been teaching these boys, but sounds to me, like their teachers have about a grade two education, and they passively follow along, following the lead of their teachers. Not as highly educated, as they might believe.

In the interest of time, and space, and to elucidate clearly the point I wish to draw out, I only cite the portions that will bring out the points I wish to highlite now, and that is, this: ... "All Authority has been given me in Heaven and on earth." In harmony with those words, in his last prayer to his Father, he brought out this following point: ..."according as you given him [Jesus] authority OVER ALL FLESH." [Matthew 28: 18-20] [John 17:1-3]

What position, now, holding all of that authority as he does, put Jesus in? But there's even more to consider than that; for notice these next words of Jeus: "I have glorified you on the earth having finished the work you have given me to do. [John 17:4]

In harmony with that, notice these next words of Jesus: "I have said these things to you, that by means of me you may have peace. In the World you are having tribulation, but take courage! I have conquered the World." [John 16:33]

Keep those two points in mind, as I focus on these next words of Jesus, that will show the significance of conquering the World, and finishing his work, next: "To the one that conquers I will grant to sit down with me on my Throne, even as I conquered and sat down with my Father on his Throne." [Revelation 3:21]

Do not lightly pass by those words of Jesus, just cited, for Jesus is clearly telling us all, that right now, and ever since the first century, when he ascended, he has been right beside his Father wearing his Crown, as King of God's Kingdom! Now, can you get any higher Authority than that? Is that a wee tiny baby lying in any manger? Now, a reigning King? Do I sound like I've taken leave of my senses? Not by a long shot, I haven't! Let me tell you why I haven't. Wearing the Crown, is one thing, but exercising that Authority as that reigning King to the full, is quite another. The Psalmist will explain just why that is, next: "The utterance of Jehovah to my Lord is: "Sit at my right hand Until I place your enemies a a stool for your feet. The rod of your strength Jehovah will send out of Zion, [saying]: "Go subduing in the midst of your enemies." [Psalms 110:1,2] When Jesus, as Michael the Arch Angel stands up, exercising that ALL AUTHORITY, a War will occur in Heaven, with satan and his demons being thrown down to our earth, and the foretold, 'Woe for the earth and for the sea,' will begin. At that time, when this does occur, we will know the last of the Heavenly calling has been sealed in the forehead, and when that very last one is sealed, the four angels holding tight the four winds of World destruction, will release those four winds, and Jeremiah's Prophecy, will then see fulfillment.

Everything I have stated in the preceding comments there, is Bible-based truth, and you may prove that for yourselves, by reading these following verses of Scripture. {Daniel 12:1] [Revelation 7:1-4; 12:7-12] [Jeremaih 25:31-38]

Now, I have stated, that Micheal the Arch-Angel, is the Christ, and you wil learn from Jude 9 that it was Micheal who had the dispute with satan the devil, that it was also Micheal who stood up to fight this War in Heaven with satan and his demons. Take the time to read Matthew 4:1-11- As well, Luke 4:1-13 and you will learn how satan had tried to get one act of worship from the Christ, and was told by Jesus to: "Go Away Satan!"

Now, as far as I know, from my studies of these Holy Writings, that only three Angels are mentioned in the Bible, by name. One of course, was the Angel Gabriel, one other Satan the Devil, the last one, Michael the Arch-Angel. We know Gabriel wasn't the Christ, and most certainly,neither was Satan the Devil, nor any of his Angels, nor was any of the Angels in association with Micheal, so, like it, don't like it, the Christ had to be Micheal the Arch-Angel! For just who was it, that was Jehovah's Adversary? Was that not Satan the Devil, the first manslayer, the first liar? The Father of the lie? [Genesis 2:16,17;3:4,5] [John 8:44]

Keep in mind, it was, as we know, Micheal who fought that War in Heaven with Satan and his Demons; now for any who may still doubt that Micheal and Jesus are one and the same person, I direct their attention to a scripture in the Revelation that will clearly show, that both are one and the same person. Read now, Revelation 19:11-16] From that you will learn that it is, Jesus who, 'judges and carries on war in righteousness.' Need I say more?

Which Angel was it, that expressed great hatred for Jehovah, and showed that hatred by these following words he spoke in conversation with Jehovah, in these folowing passages of scripture at Job 1:6-12 and Job 2: 1-10}? In view of what you will read in those verses of scripture, what attitude would Satan display for the Christ? How was that attitude displayed in that War in Heaven between Micheal and Satan the Devil? Even more important, who was it that lost that Battle? [[Genesis 3:15] [Matthew 25:41,46] If Satan, hated Jehovah, as he did, then he would hate Jehovah's Son equally as much; and just why might that be? Is not Satan the Devil the, 'god of this World,' does not the Christ pose a threat to his rulership, being as he is the ruling king of God's kingdom? Was it not Micheal the one to stand up and take kingdom power? At that time, does not the time of this Worlds greatest peril begin, when Micheal does stand up? By the way, this term as used, to, 'Stand up,' indicates that, one has taken over rulership as King. Now, just who was it that did that, in the first century? Was that, not the Christ? Do any of the Apostles agree with that? You bet they do, for notice the words of the Apostle Paul on this very matter: ... "and what the surpassing greatness of his power is toward us believers. It is according to the operation of the mightiness of his strength, with which he has operated in the case of the Christ when he raised him up from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places, far above every Government and authority and power and lordship and every name named, not only in this system of things, but also in that to come. He also subjected all things under his feet, and made him head over all things to the congregation which is his body, the fulness of him who fills up all things in all." [Ephesians 1:19-23]

At Philippians 2:5-11 Paul continues, beginning in verse 9 "For this very reason also God exalted him to a superior position and kindly gave him the name that is above every other name, so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend of those in heaven and those on earth and those under the ground, and every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord to the Glory of God the Father."

From all of that, we can clearly see, that no matter what lofty position any Governmental Authority is in, or any Religious Institution is in, or thinks they are in, any King, any Queen, it matters little how high their power and authority is on this earth, if they are not bending their knees to Jehovah's enthroned King, it will be, one very sorry day for them all, when they hear our grand God, speaking to them from his heavenly Spirit realm and they are not going to like what it is Jehovah will be telling them when he rocks this earth with his voice, as the Psalmist foretold; as the Apostle Paul foretold. These following words, they are really not going to appreciate at all, for listen to Jehovah speaking to all of these devil worshipping followers of Satan the Devil: "The very one sitting in the Heavens will Laugh; Jehovah himself will hold them in derision. At that time he will speak to them, [Saying] "I, even I, have installed my King upon Zion, my Holy Mountain." ,... "And now, O kings exercise insight; Let yourselves be corrected, O judges of the earth. Kiss the Son, that he not become incensed And you may not perish from the way, For his anger flares up easily, Happy are all those taking refuge in him." [Psalms 1:1--12]

In harmony with the words of the Psalmist, couple with those words, these following words of the Apostle Paul in these following verses of scripture, at Herews 12:25-29 and you will learn, hopefully, that it is a very dangerous path to take by portraying this now Ruling King of God's Kingdom in such an insulting manner, as Religious Christendm does. The reason being, Jesus is not, as I have clearly shown you all, any mere wee baby in any manger. Why I can call the Christ a now ruling king of God's Kingdom, is because, Jehovah calls, "the things that are not as though they were!" [Romans 4:17]

One might wonder, just why, the vast empire of Religion on our earth today, cannot see the true reality about the Son of God, our Lord Jesus Christ. The Apostle Paul, as he so frequently does, will reveal to all of us the answer to that. But first! Why would Satan the Devil not want anyone to know the true reality about the Christ? Listen to Paul's answer to that, now: "If, now, the good news we declare is in fact veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing, among whom the god of this system of things [Satan the Devil] has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the [Glory] of Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through." [2Corinthians 4:3,4]

Now, would the god of this world want anyone to know about a King who was far superior in Power and Authority than he was? Would he want anyone to know that now the Christ was the very image of his Father, Jehovah God? That he is second, in power and authority only to his Father? Would that not be the reason he keeps his minions from seeing this Glorious Good News about the Glory of the Christ? You know absolutely, that is the exact reason. Jesus is a serious threat, to his position as god of this World. But, take heart, he will not be that, for much longer.

But now you know, that to view the Son of God as a Wee Tiny Baby in a manger, and to continue on with that view, you are setting yourself up for the biggest shock of your life, because as Jehovah has told you through the Psalmist, His King's Anger flares easily, and now we know, exactly how to view the Christ, today! Do we Not?

William James Parker

E-mail: broncobuster363@g-mail.com

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

For my eighty-one years, at least, Religious Christendom has portrayed the Christ as a wee tiny baby, lying in a manger all wrapped in swaddling clothes. Year, after year, after year, always the same. Even now, today. In their minds, Jesus is still only that wee tiny baby. Now, can we say, that, that, portrayal, is even reasonable?

When I read this I thought of the statue In Brazil, Christ the Redeemer, according to wikipedia paid for mostly by donations from Brazilian Catholics

On wall behind the altar of the Sistine Chapel Michelangelo painted the Last Judgement showing the 2nd coming of Christ. He isn't shown as a baby but is Judge and shows the final judgement. I read somewhere that so many million people visit the Sistine Chapel every year, and would see this. A fantastic work of art commissioned by a Pope I believe.

My daughter had on the wall of her bedroom a print of Caravaggio's Supper at Emmaus, the original now in the National Gallery in London. This was I understand painted for a Cardinal. It shows the resurrected Jesus the moment he reveals himself to two disciples. The National Gallery has many visitors each year.

I know at Christmas Jesus is portrayed as a baby but not always.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"But now you know, that to view the Son of God as a Wee Tiny Baby in a manger, and to continue on with that view, you are setting yourself up for the biggest shock of your life, because as Jehovah has told you through the Psalmist, His King's Anger flares easily, and now we know, exactly how to view the Christ, today! Do we Not?"

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I've been to many churches and none of them showed Jesus to be a tiny baby. I'm not sure which churches you've been to, but saying that "religious Christendom" portrays him like that is not accurate. Using the term "religious Christendom" in that way is continuing to use loaded words and terms like the wt has done.

All "Christendom" means is the worldwide believers of Jesus Christ. Reading your post, it appears that you are one of them.

Instead of stereotyping millions of people like that, why not be more specific as to who is actually portraying Jesus as a baby. He WAS a baby, and his coming into the world is celebrated. So if we are celebrating that event, then it is appropriate to show him as a baby. However all of my experience has shown that nearly all Christians view Jesus as our all powerful king and god.

Id like more specifics before I judge all "religious Christendom" as portraying Jesus only as a baby. Can you back up this claim?

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Ahhhh I see. You are either a current jw, or an exjw that wishes for reform. You still hold to the easily answered false teaching that Jesus is Michael. Makes sense as to why you are still using loaded words and terms.

Religious Christendom knows more about Jesus than you may expect. When I left the wt, I found that they knew very little about Jesus, as can be seen by some parts of your post.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

"How Sould We View The Christ Today?"

That depends on your Reality Tunnel. If it is cramped with WT inspired projections then your view will cramped to some very limiting ideas not based on anything solidly proven but made up in the minds leaders fully immersed in delusions of a special relationship with the divine first cause.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

With the Hubble Telescope..

............................. ...OUTLAW

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

As usual, you brought a smile to my face, outlaw!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit