Who is the true Faithful Slave?

by wannabe 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wannabe
    wannabe

Who the true Faithful Slave Really is!

As we read through the Parable of the Faithful Slave, uttered by Jesus, it is, a serious error, to do as the Governing Body of the Watchtower Society does, conclude that there is merely only one Master at issue in that Parable. But a closer look at that Parable, reveals that there are Two Masters in question in that Parable, not merely only one. This is evidenced by the fact, that it is God's House, that is in question here in this Parable, and the one who really was appointed over it. Ephesians 2:19 and 1 Timothy 3:15 will reveal that it was, 'God's House' that was in question here. Read this Parable through, to get the full sense of what is being said.

"Who then is the faithful and sensible Slave whom his Master put in charge of his household to give them their food at the proper time." "Blessed is that slave whom his Master finds so doing when he comes." "Truly I say to you, that he will put him in charge of all his possessions." [Matthew 24:45-47] {NAS}Notice? This Slave in question, has a Master that he's answerable to. Notice, too, this Slave in question, aside from giving them their food at the proper time; is put in charge of all of his Masters belongings, or, as stated, 'all his possessions.' Now, the question remains, just who is it that bears all of the credentials of this Faithful and Sensible Slave? We should, now, try to determine exactly whom it was, that was appointed over the House of God, so without too much adeau, I'll direct your attention to the one who really would know who that was. Notice these next words of Jesus: "It is enough for the disciple that he becomes as his Teacher, and the slave as his Master. If they have called the Head of the House [The Faithful Slave] Beelzebul, how much more the members of his household." {Matthew 10:25] Here, we have the very Son of Jehovah God, as much as telling us, that his Father has appointed him over his house, and exactly who would know better than the one who really was appointed over God's House, Jesus Christ?

Now, as regards, all of the possessions that this sensible slave is put in charge of, aside from giving all of the other members their spiritual food at the proper time; consider the fact that Jehovah God, the Sovereign Ruler of the Universe, the great fear inspiring King of Eternity, has always held great power and authority in heaven and on earth; as well as holding Authority over all Mankind, and that for many thousands of years. But, notice now, some of the belongings that have been given to this, 'head of the house,' mentioned only previously. Pay strict attention now to these following words of Jesus, spoken just prior to his ascension: "And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, ..."All Authority has been given to me in Heaven and on earth. ..." But that, is merely the tip of the iceberg, for, again, notice these next words of Jesus: "These things Jesus spoke; and lifting up his eyes to Heaven, He said, "Father, the hour has come; glorify thy Son, that the Son may glorify Thee. even as thou gavest him Authority over all Mankind, that to all that hast given him, He may give eternal life."[Matthew 28:18-20] [John 17:1,2]

Now, notice, what is said about Jehovah's Angels at Hebrews 1: 1-14] In brief, it is stated: " ... And let all the Angels of God worship him." ... So, the point I'm trying to make here, is, for the entire thousand year reign of Christ, the Christ will hold all of that Authority, and rather than bow in worship to Jehovah, Jehovah's Angelic Sons will bow in worship of the Son. Those was the possessions that belonged solely to Jehovah; or the Masters belongings, or all of the Masters possessions that this sensible slave had been put in charge of, as the parable brought out. However, keep in mind, as Paul said, "Jesus is the appointed heir of all things." [Hebrews 1:1,2]

With that in mind, consider the following, and notice how Paul is in complete harmony with Jesus, who has already told us, that he, it was, was the appointed Head of God's house, a position held only by the faithful slave of the parable in Matthew 24:45.

Now, consider the words of Paul on this appointed head: ..."and what is the surpassing greatness of his power toward us who believe. "These are in accordance with the workings of his strength of his might. which he brought about in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion and every name that is named, not only in this age, but also in the one to come. And he put all things in subjection under his feet, and gave him AS HEAD [As that Faithful Slave] [over all things to the Church. which is his body, the fulness of him who fills all in all." {{Ephesians 1:19-23] Here, Paul is telling us, that Jehovah has put all things in subjection under his [the Christ's] feet, and gave him as HEAD over all things to the Church.' So, the Christ, being as he is, 'the head of the house,' would also, of necessity, make him the Faithful Slave that is appointed over the household of God. But Paul has more to say about the lofty position now held by the Christ, for note his next words: ... "And being found in appearance as a man , He humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore also God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE SHOULD BOW, of those who are in heaven, and on earth, and under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." [Philippians 2:8-11]

From all of the preceding, it becomes understandable why Jesus could say the following: "The Father Loves the Son, and has given all things into his hand." [John 3:35;13:3] Recall, now, that the Faithful Slave was to be put in charge of all of his Masters possessions, putting Jesus squarely in the seat of the Faithful Slave, who had all of the Masters things put in his hands.

However, there is still more to put Jesus in the seat of the Faithful Slave, we will recall, the Faithful Slave was to give the household of faith their food at the proper time, and we know, or should, if we do not know it, that Jesus upon ascending to his Fathers right hand, 'received the promised Holy Spirit from the Father.' Notice the Apostle's Peters words on this: "Therefore having been exalted to the right hand of God, and having received the promised Holy Spirit from the Father, he has poured forth this which you both see and hear." {Acts 2:33]

While, Jesus, walked this earth, he could say to all of his followers: "No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his Master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all the things that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you." [John 15:15] Notice, here, Jesus makes reference to himself, as a Master! Proving what I said, about their being two masters in that parable. He also shows us, in those words, that it is he that supplies the food at the proper time. Teaching them, as he does, 'everything that he had heard from his Father.'

Now, how could any mere human, even remember everything that was taught to them, by their, 'one leader,' and, 'one teacher?' [Matthew 23:8-12] This, of course, would be by the means of the Holy Spirit, received from the Father at his ascension. Revealed to us, next: "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in my name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your rememberance all that I said to you." [John 14:26]

Recall to mind, now, that it was the Faithful Slave of the Parable was to give them their food at the proper time, and we have just been told by Jesus, that the Holy Spirit, now under his power and controll, would, 'teach them all things, bringing back to their minds everything that he had originally taught them.' Giving them all their food at the proper time, as the Faithful slave was foretold to do, in that parable.

Notice, next, exactly how extensive their knowledge would become, as they received it from the Faithful Slave; in the form of the Christ, employing, as he was, the Holy Spirit. "But when He, the Spirit of the truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak of his own initiative, but what things he hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come." [John 16:13] Even knowledge of future events would be at their fingertips, as they pondered and mediated over the Holy Writings. [1Timothy 4:15,16] But, Paul shows, there's even more than future events, for notice his words, next: "For to us God revealed them through the Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God." [1Corinthians 2:10] As well, the writer of the Proverbs tells us that it is possible, "to find the very knowledge of God." [Proverbs 2:1-6]

But, some may wonder: "How, do we, today, gain this lifesaving knowledge of God?" 'The Christ no longer walks this earth, so how do we, today, arrange to be taught by him?' Paul will enlighten us on that, with his next words: "For I would have you know, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not accoerding to man. For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, [by man] but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ." [Galatians 1:11,12] "For this reason I, Paul the prisoner of Christ Jesus for the sake of you Gentiles --- If indeed you have heard of the stewardship of God's grace which was given to me for you; that by Revelation there was made known to me the mystery, as I wrote before in brief." [Ephesians 3:1-3]

We, today, can be taught in the same manner that Paul was taught. By means of Revelations from the Heavenly Spirit Realm. But the Apostle John, will explain that so much better than I, for note what John will next tell you about this very thing: "And as for you, the anointing which you received from him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, abide in him."[1John 2:27]

From those words, it is seen, that the Faithful Slave, would grant those who received this special annointing from him, to receive a constant supply of spiritual food, as long as they continued to remain in union with him. They would need no Religious Teacher on this earth to teach them Jehovah's word of truth.

I've heard it said, that, 'repitition is the Mother of retention,' so with that thought in mind, allow me to cite one more time, just to drive the point home, these words of Jesus, one more time: "It is enough for the disciple that he become as his Teacher, and the slave as his master. {Matthew 10:25] Now, I feel you will agree, that the head of this house, was to supply all the spiritual food to all other members of his household, at the proper time. Exactly as the Faithful Slave in the parable was foretold to do. Now, I ask you: "What position does that fact put the Christ in?""if they have called THE HEAD OF THE HOUSE Beelzebul, how much more the members of his household.?"

I'm fully aware, of exactly where you're coming from. Right now, you're in the uneviable position of Jannes and Jambres who, like you, opposed the truth; these men was like you, of depraved mind, rejected as regards the truth, and you, like them, will make no further progress; in point of fact, even what you imagine you have, will be taken from you. [2Timothy 3: 7-9]

Now, you all know just who the true Faithful Slave Really Is!

It is definitely not, the Governing Body of the Watchtower Society! As they make claim!

Writer: William James Parker

E-mail: [email protected]

• Pterist
    Pterist

It's a parable about faithfulness for All ...Luke 12:47 as Jesus told Peter !

• moshe
    moshe

The F&DS will soon be visiting your neighborhood!

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

There's no body of men who can take the honor of leadership, except they be called of God as was Aaron.

One of the problems with false religions today is that blind guides lead the blind. By "blind" I mean that the guides assume the authority without actually being of God. Why? They receive no revelation from God and there are no witnesses.

What are the traits of the ancient church?

• Revelation from God
    • Authority in the ministry. Apostles, meaning "sent ones" -- men who don't receive the honor unto themselves, but are called to the ministry and are ordained by those known to the church to have authority. "Ye have not chosen me," the Lord said, "but I have chosen you and ordained you...."
    • Offices such as bishop, elder, priest, deacon, evangelist, seventy and so forth.
    • Open canon. Because revelation continues, the canon of scripture is never closed.
    • Prophecy
    • Witnesses: In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established. Never is the church left in the hands of ONE man, but it contains safeguards.
    • Baptism of water (immersion) and fire (Holy Spirit) by the laying on of hands
    • Anointing and healing of the sick with oil by elders in the church
    • The name of the church must be that of Jesus Christ. It is not the church of Jehovah or the Seventh Day, Luther, etc.

Ask how many of the above criteria the Jehovah's Witnesses and Governing Body meet.

Also the parable of the woman and the jar from the Gospel of Thomas: Jesus said: 'The kingdom of the Father is like a woman carrying a jar full of meal. While she was walking on a distant road, the handle of the jar broke and the meal poured out behind her on the road. She was unaware, she had not noticed the misfortune. When she came to her house, she put the jar down and found it empty.' (Saying 97)

The woman is the church. The jar contains the spiritual gifts of the church. At some point, the jar is broken and the church continues on, only later recognizing that the spiritual gifts are gone; and once gone, the gifts cannot be reclaimed. The form of the jar is the same, but the church has lost that which was most important. In short, the church is in a state of apostasy.

Unless the Governing Body meets the above, it cannot hope to represent God. Never at any time has God inspected all the churches on Earth and then selected one that most closely meets his criteria. He is not the author of confusion, but of peace.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

This is the faithful slaves:

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Paul [tells] us that Jehovah has put all things in subjection under his [the Christ’s] feet, and gave him as HEAD over all things to the Church. So, the Christ, being as he is, “the head of the house,” would also, of necessity, make him the Faithful Slave that is appointed over the household of God . But Paul has more to say about the lofty position now held by the Christ, for note his next words: ... “God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of JesusEVERY KNEE SHOULD BOW, of those who are in heaven, and on earth, and under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” [Philippians 2:8-11] ... Now, you all know just who the true Faithful Slave Really Is! It is definitely not, the Governing Body of the Watchtower Society!

Yes, thus the church is not the church of Jehovah, but is the church of Jesus Christ. But here’s something else to consider in this conundrum: Jesus wasn’t the faithful and wise servant. He was the master of the House, for the Father had so established him. “Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?”

After Jesus was resurrected, he appeared to his disciples. After providing them with a boatload of fish, he asked them to dine with him on the shore.

So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. [Jesus] saith unto him, Feed my lambs. He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep. He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep. (John 21)

So here Jesus commands his servant, Peter, to feed his sheep. Does that mean that the faithful and wise servant is Peter and the Twelve?

Yes...anciently.

But who was Jesus, the Messiah ben David? When Adam and Eve partook of the forbidden fruit, bringing about the fall of mankind, several things went on in the aftermath. First, the Father, who had freely communicated with them, no longer could. Not being able to look upon sin with the least degree of allowance, he needed an intercessor. Being able to comprehend the end from the Beginning, he had prepared for that eventuality by appointing a Messiah, an intercessor, a spirit of great power that we know by the name of “Jehovah.” It was Jehovah who judged Cain when Cain murdered Abel (John 5:22), and when Noah built his ark, it was Jehovah who ordered it and subsequently sent the flood. In the days of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, he was their God; and when the sky over Sinai grew dark and divine fire lit its heights, Moses and Jehovah communed face to face.

So while it’s true that Jesus feeds his flock, he does so through appointed messengers which are called and ordained. The problem is, the Governing Board’s claim to be the faithful and wise servant is shaky because to distribute food, one first must receive it—and by their own admission they do not receive outright revelation, but promptings. But from the Wikipedia we read: “Most members of the religion outside the Governing Body play no role in the development of doctrines and are expected to adhere to all those decided at Brooklyn headquarters. Jehovah's Witnesses are taught to welcome changes to their religion's doctrine, regarding such ‘adjustments’ as ‘new light’ or ‘new understanding’ from God and proving that they are on the ‘path of the righteous.’”

This is a far cry from the ancient apostles who received formal commissions from the Lord that could not be explained away as bad Italian food from the local food court. True revelation can come as promptings, but not at first. Theophanies, angelic ministrations, ordination and witnesses must all come first. Only then can anyone “feed my sheep.”

• Pterist
    Pterist

@Cold steel

Well said.

Recently it dawned on me when Christ did the seperation on his return, the wheat was FULLY MATURE, no need for further feeding, just reaping, it was finished. See my comment on Ephesions 4..Spiritual Feeding.

Shalom

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit