Scriptural Justification For "New Light"

by What Now? 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• What Now?
    What Now?

Hi all!

(I have wanted to ask this for a long time but I can never post from my phone and rarely get a chance to sit at the computer)

Just wondering ... what is the actual scriptural justification the governing body is using with regards to this new light of only them being the faithful and discreet slave?

IE - are they saying something like "based on this original Greek word that Jesus used", or "when compared with this other scripture", or something along those lines?

Or is it pretty much "Jehovah told us this is what it meant"?

Thanks!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

This should do it for you...better than I could ever explain:

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/light-gets-brighter.php

Edit: just re-read what you asked. As far as the GB being that entity, I think it just "Listen to us bastards or die"

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Others may be able to tell you how the GB got to where they are, I cannot.

But just a point based on your thread title, there is no Scriptural Justification for New Light , Full Stop.

If light was what the old doctrine was, it cannot change, Truth does not change. If the old doctrine has been replaced it was never "Light".

If they have a totally new "understanding" then it is just that, and there can be doubt heaped upon it on the basis of, : why should we trust it is any more accurate than the old doctrine ?

If more light shines, it must simply ADD to former teachings, not do away with them.

The latest stuff from the Buffoons in the WT simply does away with nearly ALL of their previous teachings, it is not New Light, it is noo Shite.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

It's taken from only 1 single place. Proverbs 4:18. Interestingly this is not a prophecy about the Faithful slave. There is nothing to support their interpretation of this as a prophecy of how the Faithful Slave would release food in the end. They also compare it to Matthew 24:45-47 to say that the slave releases light at the "proper time". There may be a time that is NOT proper. Why it would not be proper to know WHO the Faithful slave was until 90 years after it was apointed is beyond me...

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

As far as the GB is concerned, the understanding may be clarified, but they've believed this way for the entire time. Who else besides the GB were allowed to give "food and the proper time"? The other anointed were not considered. No, it's always been the GB effectively. I think they avoided actually saying it because it shouts CULT. But now is the proper time, I suppose.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Of course, if you read Proverbs 4v18 properly, it is simply talking about the "path of the righteous one" and how through life the more he practices righteousness, the easier he sees his "path", it is lit as bright as day.

It is not talking about understanding scripture, where on earth did that idea come from ?

If the GB/FDS cannot read and explain a simple proverbial saying such as this, what hope have they of explaining the "deep things of God" ?

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

I simply say the following lately:

How many times did Daniel, Ezechiel and Revelations change... how many times did the law of mozes change or Genesis... it didn't! So why does the lecture changes every time?

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

The Watchtower has moved past the need to justify itself to a rank and file who dont ask for justification anyway.

oz

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Nothing 'scriptural' about 'new light'(TM). The WBT$ uses a scripture out of context as an appeal to authority so they can control and launder money from the R&F.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit