"it's a blessing"

by carla 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• carla
    carla

Since when do jw's say "it's a blessing"? Especially in reference to non jw things? Example, " it is such a blessing to have x,y or z government agency to help...." Is this normal? I have no idea where mine picked this up lately! Well it is much better than previous catch phrases he was using!

• trailerfitter
    trailerfitter

It is part of our english cultural language probabally used 100o years ago. Take a look at how many biblical and nautical references there are in everyday Languages.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Some dubs have a mindset that sees God's hand in every little thing. All aspects of life are,to them, either a blessing from Him or an attack by Satan.

So, if the Govt. sends a tax rebate, it is a blessing.....If they send a tax demand, it is an attack fron Satan to tempt you to work overtime and cut down on your ministry.

There must be a name for a psychological condition where you pass the responsibility for everything that happens on to a third party.

• undercover
    undercover

There must be a name for a psychological condition where you pass the responsibility for everything that happens on to a third party.

delusional

• BU2B
    BU2B

My wife is the same way, anything bad that happens, she says "it must be satan" or anything good, "It must be Jehovah" these people have never heard of coincidences

• nochoice
    nochoice

I've never heard the phrase used when referring to governments or anything non-JW, but I hear it regularly now anytime something bad happens in the life of a JW!

One of the publishers lost thier job and it was a blessing because they could be in service more! No talk of what problems the loss of income would cause the family.

One of the publishers had thier car die on them, it was not worth fixing, and they could not afford to replace the vehicle, but it was a blessing because now they've widened out as they accept rides to field service and the KH from the friends! No talk of whether the friends would also be available to take them to work.

One of the publishers turned down overtime work even though they have a big family to support. The blessing was making Jehovah proud!

All real blessing talk in my hall in the last couple of months.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit