"My Family Appears Angry When They See Me At Meetings And Conventions, Why?"

by ÁrbolesdeArabia 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

I found a qoute that ruminates throughout "JW-Land", dealing with strange conduct and vibes your family sends your way during "meetings".

"My Family Appears Angry When They See Me At Meetings And Conventions, Why?"

What type of religion attracts members who want their family to die at Armageddon? I wish it was possible for you to see the looks on their face, when I ran into them at the District Convention. Something grossly wrong is happening deep inside their hearts of stone, I left to bring my mentally retarded Uncle and the "entourage of cripples (Including myself)" while my multi-elder family members watch in disdain without lifting one finger.

Years ago my Uncle was home-base finance, writing checks to the pioneers " righteous brothers living off unemployment and credit cards" until Uncle pulled their credit line and both went bankrupt! What happen's to all his treasures spent on enabling the "piousneers and company"? Lesson learned, if you would like to make a JW disappear, lone them a decent amount of money!

Why is emphasis placed on caring for our spiritual-brothers from Bethel, while allowing the handicap and elderly to fall off a cliff? Please, enlighten me and other thinking people, why the Watchtower Organization is so anti-family? I know something is deeply wrong, this conduct was happening in my older brother's tour-de-Bethel (1960-1970) it's not new! To qoute a CO "The love of the greater number cooling off" excuse don't cut it for me! Was there love during the inception of Russell, or perhaps, it never existed?

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

What's your situation? Are you a JW yourself or are you a worldly person crashing a party of the righteous?

And what do they do to broadcast their anger?

Have you ever seen the CBS television show, The Mentalist? One thing I've learned from it is to be direct. If you sense anger or resentment, confront them. What do you have to lose?

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

I am commenting on a thread I read today about some JW who lament's their family would rejoice if she never went to meetings again.

I've seen alot of dung in the Organization, watched the "process" turn humans into anti-christs, "he that hate's his brother (or sister) is a manslayer" (1 John 2:9). There exists loop-holes that allow members to remain in good standing, while breaking the spirit of the Mosaic Law,, and beg's the question: Why would Jesus Christ bless a religion that's full of hypocrisy? http://bible.cc/1_john/2-9.htm

"

New International Version (©1984)
    Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates his brother is still in the darkness.

New Living Translation (©2007)
    If anyone claims, "I am living in the light," but hates a Christian brother or sister, that person is still living in darkness.

English Standard Version (©2001)
    Whoever says he is in the light and hates his brother is still in darkness.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
    The one who says he is in the Light and yet hates his brother is in the darkness until now.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
    He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.

International Standard Version (©2008)
    The person who says that he is in the light but hates his brother is still in the darkness.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
    Whoever says, therefore, that he is in the light and hates his brother, is in darkness still.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
    Those who say that they are in the light but hate other believers are still in the dark.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
    He that says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness even until now.

American King James Version
    He that said he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness even until now.

American Standard Version
    He that saith he is in the light and hateth his brother, is in the darkness even until now.

Douay-Rheims Bible
    He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.

Darby Bible Translation
    He who says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in the darkness until now.

English Revised Version
    He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in the darkness even until now.

Webster's Bible Translation

Weymouth New Testament
    Any one who professes to be in the light and yet hates his brother man is still in darkness.

World English Bible
    He who says he is in the light and hates his brother, is in the darkness even until now.

Young's Literal Translation
    he who is saying, in the light he is, and his brother is hating, in the darkness he is till now;

Barnes' Notes on the Bible

He that saith he is in the light - That he has true religion, or is a Christian. See 1 John 1:7.

And hateth his brother - The word "brother" seems here to refer to those who professed the same religion. The word is indeed sometimes used in a larger sense, but the reference here appears to be to that which is properly brotherly love among Christians. Compare Lucke, in loc.

Is in darkness even until now - That is, he cannot have true religion unless he has love to the brethren. The command to love one another was one of the most solemn and earnest which Christ ever enjoined, John 15:17; he made it the special badge of discipleship, or that by which his followers were to be everywhere known, John 13:35; and it is, therefore, impossible to have any true religion without love to those who are sincerely and truly his followers. If a man has not that, he is in deep darkness, whatever else he may have, on the whole subject of religion. Compare the notes at 1 Thessalonians 4:9.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit