update

by outsmartthesystem 5 Replies latest jw friends

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Well....tonight is when they announce my disfellowshipping for apostasy from "Jehovah's Organization". On another note.....I have officially learned that the woman I used to love and that I trusted was a genuinely good, moral person is officially evil.

I have a friend that still goes to the Sunday meeting to appease his elderly parents. But he is mentally out and I've been hanging out with him often. This friend let me in on a "business deal" that he entered into with my wife's father 8 years ago. My friend ended up getting financially shafted by my FIL and then my FIL.....being the gossiping, coniving and manipulating man that he is....made sure to warn the congregation of the "downward spiritual spiral" that my friend is in......thus getting everyone in the congregation to have an automatic distrust for my friend. This isn't the only shady financial deal my FIL has been a part of. There are many others. In fact.....let me give you a little background. My FIL has been on an insurance company issued disability policy for almost 20 years. My FIL is a pencil pusher......so the work he used to do was not strenuous. But it was "stressful" and he managed to convince the insurance company that he could not handle the mental rigors of his job anymore and thus needed to be on long term (permanent) disability. This would allow him to collect 66% of his previous year's salary until he turns 65. And that is what he's been doing for 20 years. The catch is.....in order to collect that $, he must "prove" that he is not of sound mind.......at least.....not sound enough to handle the rigors of his job. He does this by visiting a psychiatrist each week. Yet he is a congregation elder. And in order to hold that position.....he must prove that he IS of sound mind. Sound enough to handle meeting parts, give talks, be on the hospital visitation committee etc.

So I am talking to my wife about splitting our $ last week. Out of the kindness of my heart.....I simply said "look....your dad has been involved in a number of financial messes (including his own filing of bankruptcy) and many of them have hurt other people. I am not saying that he enters such deals seeking to harm others.....but....that has been the final result. Others have been hurt and that is what happens when you get friends involved in risky deals. Just.....be careful with your $ because I fear that in the future he is going to have a business proposition for you." My wife acted very concerned and asked for more info. Because I still trusted her somewhat.....I gave her the info regarding my friend. She proceeded to angrily accuse my friend of lying about her father (even though I have SEEN the business deal paperwork that they both signed WITH MY OWN EYES) and demanded that I stop "slandering" her dad. Of course she went straight to her dad to tell him that my friend and I are slandering him. He went to the elders. Why, you ask? Not because of slander.......because he KNOWS it is true! But to get my friend disfellowshipped for associating with ME! Granted....I haven't been DF'd quite yet.....but around here the witnesses know of my "apostate" thinking. So......the witch hunt has begun. My friend is now being called up by the elders to set up a "time to talk". They want to know if my thinking has rubbed off on him at all. It is an official witch hunt

So....what my wife did....is feign concern so that she could gather information and then viciously defend her father all while eliminating the source of the sore spot for she and her dad.

What a bitch

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Congradulations on the operation to remove cancer from your life, as presented in the form of a disfellowshipping.

Are u still married to your wife?

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Ah, sorry that has happened.

It seems like your friend is going to have to lie to the elders to keep the peace with his parents.

"yes outsmartthesystem is a friend, no of course I wont continue association if he is disfellowshipped, no we never discussed doctrinal issues, yes of course I believe this is Gogs organisation, thankyou so much for your concern brothers I will put it in prayer to consider how I can improve my meeting attendance"

If he can stomach it of course.

Your wife is putting family first, its her security as your marriage is breaking up. If she's in any way smart she wont let her dad get his paws on her money, if not, she's not got a brilliant financial future...

• whathappened
    whathappened

Well you just can't trust a Jehovah's Witness, that's the moral of the story.

• ziddina
    ziddina

I'm sorry to hear of what has happened to your friend and to you, Outsmart.

You ARE getting a divorce - or are already divorced, right?

Look at it this way - your friend will probably be ushered out of the cult, too.

That has to be a GOOD thing, right? Especially if he doesn't have kids or a wife in "the truth"...

By the way, is there any way you could turn in your FIL to a law-enforcement agency for one or more of the various frauds he's been committing? Say, maybe the IRS???

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Wha - Yeah we are still married but only because she can't divorce me due to the fact that I didn't commit adultery. She lives with her parentsw. She is saying that we "can get back together".......but the reality is that I would have to beg her to return.....admit that I am 100% to blame......and promise never to say or do anything that would impede the "spiritual progress" of the kids in the JW faith.

Zid - We are "separated". The funny thing is that my FIL has a LOT of enemies in this religion. There are a combined 13 elders in the two congregations in town. 8 of them absolutely despise him. My friend's uncle (who is an elder on the same body as my FIL) HATES him. He called up my friend to say "don't let him do it! Don't let him take away your everlasting life!". That alone tells me one thing. As of now.....it has turned into my friend's family and their cronies vs my wife's family and their cronies. My friend told me if he just can't do it anymore (fake being a witness to appease his parents) he will gladly tell the CO and the elders that he was stumbled out of "the truth" by my FIL. And to a degree......he is being honest. I am not saying it will happen......but this has the potential to ruin my FIL and his "standing" in the congregation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit