Trapped.

by trapped28 18 Replies latest jw friends

• trapped28
    trapped28

Thank you all so much for your kind words.I agree that i was easy pickings for them to make me think that its gods will ive been put in a safe environment with witnesses,and that i was made to get rid of bad association (old friends) what they dont know is that im still in close contact with one of them.Ive even been warned (all of us have by wt) to stay away from social netwotking sites also.The elders have even stated that those on social networking sites are being closely watched and things are getting back to them!! Ive had offers of money and offers of being taken for meals and i know this is to try and keep me.Ive questioned scriptures like most of you here and also hit brick walls,i even asked that question of prayer and why cant god eliminate cancer if billions of us are praying for a cure!!or to have rid of it.Anyway i am in the uk and i didnt know that for a lawsuit against an employer over harassment has to be done within 12 weeks and i was out of time.

I have found another job in January (was told that jehovah did this for me) and i work about thirty hours a week so im saving like mad to try to get away,the elders have just put me on ministry school and i know soon itll be announced im a publisher.I wish i had never got involved with them.When my cousin was baptised i turned around and said congrats,your a$$ belongs to the wt now!! Thank you all so much i can see this society for what it really is!! X

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome. You are not trapped, you are just in a difficult situation. Whatever you do, DO NOT GET BAPTIZED. Do not invest any more of your time and energy on this cult. Do what you have to to keep your current living situation until you can arrange something better. I don't know what country you are in, but look into homeless shelters, or whatever public services you can get.

Your JW friends mean well, but they are in a cult so they will not be any help to your in the long run. They see only one way of doing things, the Watchtower way. You can do better.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome. You are aware enough to have worked out what is happening, so you will get through this. At the moment you just need to keep calm and trust in yourself.

There is no rush. Get on your feet financially and then you will have more options for how to move on. You are not baptised, which makes things easier. You may need to play the game a bit, so as not to lose where you live, but don't feel guilty, as it terrible that you should be in fear of being kicked out for not going along 100% with what the Watchtower teaches.

Careful with your child. It does not matter what they say to him, provided that you are able to later discuss what he is being told, and why it is not correct. However, they do a lot of love bombing, so try not to let him get involved socially, as he may learn to love that side and want to remain involved.

• steve2
    steve2

Hi trapped28. My condolences on the loss of your step-dad. As others have said, bide your time. There is no rush. I understand your dilemma. Currently you depend on a JW for board so no rocking the boat. You'll soon have enough money saved up and be able to secure your own place.

Is your cousin still on the scene?

The poster before me, jwfacts,mentioned you had a child but I read your OP and subsequent post and couldn't find where you mentioned any child?

You've come to the right place for you on this forum: informative, tolerant of different views, and lots of very level-headed people who will understand your situation.

Stay in touch on the forum! Best.

• jhine
    jhine

Hello trapped82 ,

Can I ask where you are in the UK ? I'm in the Midlands near Tamworth .

You have been given a lot of good advice by people who know how to handle the WT . Everyone here will give whatever support we can , even if it is just giving you somewhere to vent !

Jan

• KateWild
    KateWild

Welcome and well done for seeing through the pretence of th WT.

Now you need to find somewhere else to rent for your sons sake so he can visit you start looking for other housing solutions....it's the most basic of all needs and is a priority.

I hope you find somewhere

Kate xx

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The number one advice is "DO NOT GET BAPTIZED." Yes.

But also, you don't have to be on the Ministry school or a regular publisher. If they gave you a school part, panic and cancel. "I can't do it." Simple as that.

And simply say "I am not ready yet" to the ministry and turning in time. Don't let them dictate terms. You can drag your feet.

• millie210
    millie210

Lots of great advice here trapped82.

I just wanted to say welcome and offer my support and a hearing ear.

There are many here who care about what happens and want to help.

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

Tell them you are not ready, you need to study more ... maybe mention just one of the things you do not agree ... just one, not more :)

Continue to skip meetings, invoking work is ok.

And during this time try to resolve your situation.

That is what I would do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit