28th edition of Nestle-Aland Novum Testamentum Graece now released

by slimboyfat 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I wonder whether the changes are significant.

I also wonder what sort of scholars form the committee now that the Alands, Metzger, Martini and others are gone. I guess Bart Ehrman wasn't invited!

http://larryhurtado.wordpress.com/2012/10/09/nestle-aland-28-has-appeared/

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Shows my ignorance, I saw Nestle and thought chocolate.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I often think chocolate too. In fact I am eating chocolate at this very moment! They don't call me slimboyFAT for nothing.

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

A link to download a pdf would be nice.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Meanwhile, the NWT ages another year.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The NWT was already out of date when it was it was made of course, in terms of the Greek text it was based on and the English that it used. Presumably they can't embark on a major revision because no one sufficiently high in the organisation is competent in Hebrew and Greek. Which is pretty amazing for a so-called Christian organisation of over seven million people.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Anyone who is competent in Hebrew and Greek would have difficulty remaining a JW, I think.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I know some JWs who can read Greek. In fact there was an English brother called Vivian Capel who made his own translation of the NT. But they tend to be "independent minded" types that the Watchtower leadership are wary of. Some like Greg Stafford eventually leave and others like Rolf Furuli struggle on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit