Out of the great tribulation came ....blessings for the every tribe and people

by Pterist 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pterist
    Pterist

Subject: Out of the great tribulation came ....blessings for the every tribe and people....Revelation 7 and 14

Recently, I have been impressed with the escathology understanding of PARTIAL preterism.

The tribulation on the early first century Christains was horrific. Most of these Christians died for their faith and that was the message from Christ to the seven churches during this time to keep faithful during these terrible times. However, AFTER this tribulation when Christianity became acceptable by Constantine, times were a lot better and despite the apostasy the basic good news was carried to the known world.

It dawn on me that out of THAT tribulation came the great crowd of "born again" believers That would COMPLETE spiritual Israel (since only the symbolic small number were slaughtered) ....Like out of the ashes came a great city or out of the rubble came a new beginning.

Any feed back would be appreciated....

• cofty
    cofty

A more parsimonious explanation would be that Jesus taught his disciples he would be returning within their own lifetime but he turned out to be a false prophet.

His followers have been inventing excuses for him ever since.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Hi Cofty...

*** A more parsimonious explanation would be that Jesus taught his disciples he would be returning within their own lifetime but he turned out to be a false prophet.****

Well the understanding of partial and full preterism is that Jesus did return in 70 AD, for judgement on Jerusalem, He was seen by those who pierced him and the Jewish age ended with the resurrection and rapture for his church. So the new Jerusalem was established then.

Thank for your input.

• cofty
    cofty

So the reality fell very far short of the publicity.

1844, 1878, 1914 etc

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Jesus was a false prophet, if he even existed as such.

• Pterist
    Pterist

**** So the reality fell very far short of the publicity. 1844, 1878, 1914 etc ****

Sure did .....false prophets set dates. Spiritual Israel / Christianity is a way of life to conform to his image, as originally envisaged. Ephesians 1:3-14.

Shalom

• Pterist
    Pterist

Slimboyfat....**** Jesus was a false prophet, if he even existed as such ****

So why bother with this site ?

Shalom

• cofty
    cofty

I was referring to the fanciful prophecies that Jesus made. The later false prophets were simply following Jesus' example.

I'm puzzled by your question to SBF - " So why bother with this site ? "

What do you mean?

• Pterist
    Pterist

***** I'm puzzled by your question to SBF - " So why bother with this site ? What do you mean ?******

The same reason why you ask me " what do you mean" ....motivation, it's nice to get to know you neighbors.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Shalom

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit