Recent "New Light"?

by lilbluekitty 5 Replies latest jw friends

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

So I've been away from anything Witness-y for a number of months...what "new light" are they talking about now? Anything or is it all the same doom and gloom? I haven't talked to my mom in awhile and when we do talk we don't talk about JW stuff much except for her bragging about RBC stuff.

What news is there? Any new scandals, new FDS crap? Are they claiming they're above Jesus yet? Pffft. Fill me in, I love a gag-fest once in awhile.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

All official at the Annual Meeting - The Faithful and Discreet Salve is the Governing Body - NOT the annointed as a whole.

WT/Awake down to 16 pages each from 32 starting with January issues.

No more announcements on Service Meetings.

Bible study 30 mins

TMS 30 minutes

SM 30 minutes +songs and prayer.

• Eustace
    Eustace

new FDS crap?

Bingo.

At the annual meeting it's been reported that they announced the Faithful and Discreet Slave is no longer the annointed on the earth, but is instead basically just the governing body.

Also they only started existing in 1919, conveniently just after Charles Taze Russell died.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

OH - the once demonized World Wide Web - aka Internet. - a Whole Kingdom Ministry (Decmeber 2012) devoted to it - all about the benefits of the Society website - use it in family study , on the ministry, etc, etc

• reslight2
    reslight2

Eustace stated:

At the annual meeting it's been reported that they announced the Faithful and Discreet Slave is no longer the annointed on the earth, but is instead basically just the governing body.

In practice, this is actually the way it has been for several decades. Their alleged "anointed" class was never the ones who gave the alleged food to the JW believers in general; it all came from those in charge at that Brooklyn headquarters. In other words, there was never a consensus taken amongst all those professing to the "anointed" as to what "food" was to be given.

• reslight2
    reslight2

Eustace stated:

Also they only started existing in 1919, conveniently just after Charles Taze Russell died.

Russell actually taught against the formation of an organization such as the Jehovah's Witnesses. Until the internet, very few of the JWs were being exposed to what Russell actually taught; could it be that this "new light" is response to the exposure on the internet that no such "organization" existed in the days of Russell?

What Did Russell Teach About "Organization" as Related to the True Church?
    http://ctr.reslight.net/?p=1892

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit