Out of the loop and needing some advice

by Flat_Accent 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

Hello everyone, I'm not on here much these days, but thought this might be worth the post for you veteran x-dubbies to help me.

I've got a Min Servant and his wife coming over this sunday. The brother has already called me up and invited me to his first public talk that day, which I respectfully declined. However, he said we could talk about it when he came to visit.

Topic: The authenticity and accuracy of The Bible

Where to go, what to say . . .

any ideas, besides not letting them in?

• Nambo
    Nambo

So you going for the big one, try to end his faith in the JWs, God and the Bible all at the same time?

Why not just try chipping away at the JW bit, surely more chance of success than trying to bring his whole world crashing down at once.

You could ask him for instance about the signs of the last days, if they are all coming true?, such as the one about religions claiming the Christ has come before he actually does, saying hes "in the wilderness", thats why you cant see him at the moment, ask him which religion has fullfilled that prophesy.

Then ask him about the generation change.

• whathappened
    whathappened

I would plan a long day away from home on Sunday.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

I don't get it, if you're not going to his talk why are them coming over?

• aposta-Z
    aposta-Z

Ask him why does 2 Samuel 3:14 says: " Further, David sent messengers to Ish-bo′sheth, Saul’s son, saying: “Do give over my wife Mi′chal, whom I engaged to myself for a hundred foreskins of the Phi?lis′tines.”

In 1 Samuel 18:27 it says " So David rose and he and his men went and struck down among the Phi?lis′tines two hundred men, and David came bringing their foreskins and giving them in full number to the king, to form a marriage alliance with the king. In turn Saul gave him Mi′chal his daughter as a wife."

Them ask him why Jehovah is so freaking obsessed with foreskins.

Or don't.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

How in the world can you talk about the accuracy and authenticity of the Bible when he's leveraging information from the NWT?

*sigh*

Start by referring to all other versions other than the NWT as "The Holy Bibles" and refer to the NWT as "your book" while pointing to it.

Flat_Accent: Don't listen to me. I've never been in a Kingdom Hall so I can get away with more. :)

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Authentic in that it didn't plagerize from other religions before it? We know that's bs.

Accurate in that the miracles and other stories such as the Flood and Creation account are 100% factual? Also bs.

Another line of argumentation to consider is Biblical canonization.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

2 player COD ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit