Husband tries to block his wife from receiving a transfusion

by ldrnomo 8 Replies latest watchtower medical

• ldrnomo
  • jgnat
    jgnat

The hospital is perfectly right. Her wishes before she collapsed takes precedence over anything the husband might come up with.

He can dispute this all he wants after she survives.

Idiot.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

good for the judge, and the hospital!

Don't you find their idea that parts are OK when whole blood isn't? Isn't that kind of weaselly?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Sorry, clicked the wrong thing before reading my post. Don't you find that stand on blood parts to be ridiculous?

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

I'm kinda thinkin that all of the fraction crap the bORG has put into the rules is getting many of the R&F confused.

Especially if they are under duress as this young woman was. The fact that the hospital got direct instructions from the woman telling them she would only take platelets and plasma raises a flag. She probably thought those two componants were considered to be fractions.

I also believe the hospital was correct in taking the stand it did

• irondork
    irondork

If they die, they did so for God. Praise Jah!

If you try to force them to live against their will, they are being persecuted for their faith. Praise Jah!

If the court sides with the Witnesses, it's because Jehovah maneuvered things. Praise Jah!

If the court sides with the doctors, they are worthy of being targets of Satan. Praise Jah!

Take the attitude of, "Let 'em die", well now you're being just a heartless pig.

"Brother Faithful, what fractions are we allowed to accept?"

"I dunno."

• dozy
    dozy

You just have to wonder at the mentality of the husband here - absolutely crazy. Does he really want his wife to die? Idiot. The courts are right to intervene in this kind of situation.

Many JWs when they get the form are so confused that they think the easiest thing ( and the most " spiritual " ) to do is to tick all the boxes that say no fractions whatsoever. Must easier to do this than to pick & choose through the different fractions that the WTBTS allows. I persuaded a few in my book study group that this was unwise. Of course none of them ever really expects that there will ever be an issue.

• stuckinlimbo
    stuckinlimbo

It sounds to me as though she was genuinely confused about the wt policy and probably didn't want anything that wt doesn't allow. This mistake will pfobably save her life. Women are really the worst off from this policy as blood is often needed when there is a pregnancy/birth complication such as this. Putting aside my views that preg/birth is overmedicalisedin the west,as a group women are worse off when it comes to banning blood transfusions because of pregnancy/birth related complications.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

You just have to wonder at the mentality of the husband here - absolutely crazy. Does he really want his wife to die?

Perhaps he is concerned that now she will be disfellowshipped for willingly taking blood. In his JW mind, this might be a way of saving or defending her. Or, he could be a raging JW jerk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit