So Many Newbies- Gotta Love It

by Tylinbrando 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

While many of the stories are sad, I can't help but feel some happiness that this forum exists and that it is a stepping stone for so many that are hurting and will be better for it on their way to recovery.

Every day there are a handful of people that post for the first time, many of them stating they have been lurking for a long time.

I personally have had a dozen ask me for help because of the state of mind and affairs they find themselves in after making or being handed an exit from the Watchtower.

I am grateful for this site. I am grateful for the diversity of perspectives and the willingness for those here to always help.

The best therapy is human interaction with those who KNOW exactly what pains us.

Well done JWN

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Could not agree more, I thought the same thing this morning !

They are losing their grip, the lies are more evident than ever. Now it is just down to JW's being brave enough to face the doubts and questions they have.... google will do the rest. Then they land here !

Snare x

• Gefangene
    Gefangene

Yayyy for anyone waking up.

I slowly started waking up 2 years ago.. and just recently fully woke up all of a sudden and everything became soooo clear. I must admit it left me dumbfounded.. And I know that I can't ever go back.

What triggered my waking up was how young JWs are not allowed to marry nonJWs and the society doesn't do ANYTHING for singles! Only restrictions restrictions restrictions. I turned down so many lovely guys who had everything I wanted.. except for this small detail of being a non-JW. I really thought Satan sent them to me. I was depressed about this between age 18 up till 28.. when I suddenly fell in love with a non-JW who is now my husband.

I always disagreed with the complete shunning of exJWs and the ban on researching with non-approved sources outside the Org. I wondered 'What do they have to hide?' That's when I started reading in Forums. Which gave me the SUDDEN B A N G on my head

• ziddina
    ziddina

Yeah! A big draggony Welcome to all new members!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit