entering phase 2...

by jeffory 7 Replies latest jw friends

• jeffory
    jeffory

The last 3 year's have been like a rollercoaster ,,,the bubble that is life as a true believer has been burst, after nearly 20 years as an elder I declined to accept the position after my wife and I moved from the cong. we had been with in Seattle to another Hall.
    The consequences of rejecting a position further strengthened my view that life in the backassward world of JWdom is not an option anymore. Dec.4th 2001 was our last meeting, I had just had enough, haven't been back and won't go back.
    These board's have been a real therapuetic event.The good,the bad and the ugly all post here. I haven't posted much but have been an appreciative lurker, first at the old H2O site and here since about a year ago.
    Just like to say thanks to all. I will be leaving this area for some time. After mentally detaching from the true beliver mode 2 years ago it was a bit disconcerting. 28 years of my life revolved around the interest's of that organization[ my blood pressure rises just thinking about it] and now I found myself asking what now? Well I did something on the wild and crazy side ----I applied for a job working on a US Embassy. This was over a year ago, I received a TS clearance in Jan.after an extensive background check, I've been a very good boy for a very long time----see there are some good things that come from life in the org., and was offered a job oversea's so What the Hell
    here we go, Life's journey phase 2.
    again thank's to all
    jeffory

• Celia
    Celia

Good for you !
    Where overseas ? Not a dangerous country I hope, like Pakistan or Afghanistan, or Nigeria !

• Simon
    Simon

Good luck on your onward journey jeffory

• Makena1
    Makena1

Jeff - best wishes for success in your new adventure. BTW, are you the same Jeff that used to post on Tim's board. I think we chatted from time to time.

Mak

Still in the greater Seattle area for now.....

Some men worship rank, some worship heroes, some worship power, some worship God, & over these ideals they dispute & cannot unite--but they all worship money.
    - Mark Twain

• JBean
    JBean

Best wishes in your new "adventure"! Drop by when you can and let us know how it's all going! Congrats!!!

• pandora
    pandora

Good Luck in your future.
    I'm sure this phase will be the best phase yet.
    -P(J)

• ISP
    ISP

Thanks for posting. Wish you well in your new career. It sounds cool!!

ISP

• jeffory
    jeffory

celia,

We're going to Moscow.... not the one in Idaho either.
    a little nervous but looking forward to it.
    jeffory

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit