January 2013 study watchtower

by solomon 9 Replies latest jw friends

• solomon
    solomon

The january study edition is now available on mp3 format

It includes the following gems.

Don't work overtime or spend too much time in recreation. You might feel guilty and unhappy.\

Respect the elders and listen to them, they are looking out for your best interests

Don't associate with disfellowshipped children. Don't look for loopholes such as e-mail to associate with df'd child

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

The broken record continues. Now they are trying to clamp down on e-mail? Keep trying to stuff that genie back in the bottle, GB...

Don't think I can stand to listen to it, and I don't see the PDF. Guess I will have to be patient and wait a few more days for my full spiritual meal.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Solomon: Don't associate with disfellowshipped children.

They keep harping on that. Must be a problem and control-freaks can't stand it when people defy their authority!

Solomon: Don't look for loopholes such as e-mail to associate with df'd child

Yeah, looking for loopholes is the job of the WT Legal Department.

Just Listen, Obey and Be Blessed!

• Ding
    Ding

There are no loopholes from WT control...

• solomon
    solomon

One more article about having regrets.

in the article it asks "when you are at the great tribulation will you have regrets about not pioneering, or not reaching out in the congregation? "

Fear Mongers and Guilt Trippers

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

When I am at the real Great Tribulation, I am going to have major regrets that I dedicated my one and only soul to Jehovah, rendering it unavailable to dedicate to Satan at a later time once I found out that Satan is the real Savior and Jehovah a tyrant. For sure, I am not going to regret not pious-sneering, nor am I going to regret not going to Beth Hell.

Also, what happens when you regret not working more secular time instead of doing field circus? This is not the time to cut back on secular work simply so you can do more for the soul vampire Jehovah. Rather, you need to use whatever little time is left to prepare for a whopper of an energy crisis (worse than 1973), along with hyperinflation. Do you have contingency plans for when gas becomes scarce? And, if you had problems getting supplies the last time the lights went out (or you are relying on a generator which requires fuel, which will become scarce), you need to secure batteries (preferably those low self-discharge NiMH batteries) and chargers, along with good flashlights and lanterns that use them. And silver and gold. Never mind cutting back for Jehovah--is Jehovah going to give you the flashlights and batteries, or supply you with silver and gold when your dollars become worthless as toilet paper? Or, is he going to simply let you flounder while laughing at you as you prove faithful to that traitor?

And are the hounders REALLY looking out for your best interests? Or, are they enforcing your damnation? If they are continually hounding you for things that matter little or to do more for Jehovah, they are only serving you damnation. And they screw up all the time. Even honest mistakes become more serious when you are required to abide by them. And many hounders these days are insistent that you give up everything. They make extra rules that are stupid. They are responsible for spreading rules like no colored shirts, no beards, and rules against basic things like investing in precious metals. You are supposed to obey someone that is insistent that you give up your work and pious-sneer these days? You are supposed to obey someone that probably resembles the Pharisees more than they resemble even regular church leaders? What good is it for you to get rid of precious metals at a time like now?

• sir82
    sir82

Good grief, they used to wait 12-18 months before repeating their tiresome warnings and threats.

Now it appears the recycle time is down to about 6 months.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

So texting is ok?

• PrincessPeachz
    PrincessPeachz

I can only see up to Dec 12 on their site, for the study edition :-/

This is an issue close to my heart, as the only way my dad would contact me would be via email so my mum and others couldn't keep tabs on him as easy as if he were texting/calling.

I haven't heard from him in a while, prolly this is why.

• Heaven
    Heaven

"when you are at the great tribulation will you have regrets about not pioneering, or not reaching out in the congregation? "

Emphatically NO. I will have no regrets about not going out in Field Serve-Us, not Piosneering, and not going to meetings or to the Reject Jesus party (aka Memorial).

I will have regrets that I didn't go horseback riding more though.

Horseback RidingHorseback Riding on Beach

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit