Maybe it's being blonde, but I need clarification on "new light"..

by diana netherton 6 Replies latest jw friends

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

Am I correct in stating the the "new light" is now that the GB are the the FDS as opposed to the

144,000? And is that switch because the number doesn't match and some "deranged" souls

are now partaking at the memorial?

I am going over to my parents' house this weekend and want to bring it up but want to make

sure my facts are straight.

Sorry if I seem slow. I've been working on transcripts for two days straight and I'm fuzzy!

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

The way that I understand it, Previously, before 10-06-2012 the F&DS was any of the anointed that was alive on the Earth at any given time. Around 10-11,000 last memorial.

As of that date, it is now only the GB and possibly any of the anointed that are working directly in the writing department. All the non GB Earth wide that have been or will be partaking are not part of the F&DS.

At first I understood that it was ONLY the GB now, but upon further reading of the notes taken at the Anal Meeting (not a typo) it might include as I mentioened, those that are partakers that are working hand in hand with the GB. Also any one member of the GB does not constitute the F&DS, they have to be all working in unison to be able to put the placard "Faith and Discreet Slave now in session" on the door.

NJY

• Ding
    Ding

Don't be surprised if the change doesn't faze them.

Most JWs accept without question whatever the faithful and discreet slave says -- whoever that may be...

• Scully
    Scully

Personally, I think it's just semantics.

It has been understood for a very long time that the Governing Body™ is the source of all acceptable teachings of the WTS. If anyone else taught something that contradicted what was written in the WT Literature™, even if they claimed to be of The Anointed™ / 144,000, they were liable to be accused of Apostasy™.

God's Channel on the Quotes.uk site.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Read Cedars's article over at JWSurvey.org. He covers the whole issue as well as I expect it ever will be explained.

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/governing-body-says-we-are-the-faithful-and-discreet-slave

JV

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

If you want it from the horses mouth, I would imagine that having leaked it at the AGM, the GB must have it in a WT mag coming to a KH near you, but no doubt posted and analysed long before it hits the KH on here on JWN.

Maybe the next study issue ??

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Maybe it's the fact that the "dumb blonde" myth is rubbish, but this was intentionally dry and confusing. It is going to make for a couple of very dry washtowel study articles, and they basically do all they can to clear up nothing. Rather, they make it nearly impossible for the witlesses to keep track of doctrine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit