Annual Meeting Highlights (warning this might cause you to lose your lunch)

by thecrushed 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

Here it is from my unsuspecting source. Enjoy the Rotten Spiritual food.

http://www.2shared.com/document/SsLY8gOU/AnnualMeeting2012.html

• baltar447
    baltar447

Puktastik!

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Thanks, and no disrespect, but this is the same file that Ceders has on his website.

Edit to add, but I know how things go around the JW comnunity, so I'm glad we are seeing it in the wild.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

OK, so here are the notes going around over on the "real JW" web site not to be named. Same thing we heard...yea!

5. Now the big stuff. New Light: There were 6 talks by the governing body that lasted for 2 hours. It was a change in understanding of Matthew 24:45-47. The change is our understanding of who the Faithful and Discreet Slave are and when they were appointed. Also who/what are the domestics and belongings. Here is the sum up and of course there will be articles coming out in the Watchtower:

Because of the context of this chapter which is talking about 1914 onward it is not longer felt that the FDS was appointed in 33 CE. So verse 45 mentions the appointment of the FDS and this happened in 1919 after the cleansing of the organization. Who are the FDS?: is "a small group of anointed brothers during Jesus presence serving at Headquarters who are directly involved in the preparing and dispensing of spiritual food." This is in line with the scriptural example of how Jehovah has always used a small group of people to teach and dispense spiritual food to the many. In the 1st century not all of the anointed were involved with dispensing spiritual food, it was only the apostles and older men (governing body) that did so. So it is no longer the thinking that all anointed are part of FDS. Only those directly used to impart spiritual food. And the point was made that this does not mean the individual members of the GB are the FDS. They only act as the FDS when they are working as a collective body and making decisions regarding the dispensing of spiritual food.

Who are the Domestics: All who are fed spiritually whether anointed or of the other sheep. (guess we of the other sheep got a promotion from 'belongings' to Domestics! smile )

What about verse 46 & 47? It says: 46 Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. 47 Truly I say to YOU, He will appoint him over all his belongings. verse 46 mentions Jesus 'arriving'. This is not in 1919 when he appointed the FDS but when Jesus comes during the Great Tribulation. This is based on the fact that the greek word for'arriving' is similar to those in verse 30 & 42 that mention Jesus'' 'coming'.

So what are the belongings? Previously it was thought that this dealt with the earth only. But the scripture is not that specific. So the belongings include the heavenly and earthly interests. The authority over the belongings will be given after the anointed receive their reward in heaven. So all of the anointed will eventually be given this authority.

I'm sure there are lots of questions about this sum up, but at future WT will explain it in detail.

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

Ceders beat me! Curses! j/k

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

No one over "there" seems to be botherd by it. As many of us already believed.

WOW!! This is big stuff, exciting stuff! Thank you for sharing.

It makes a lot of sense and will be much easier to explain to our Bible students. --- I have been in the truth for 64 years and everytime there was a refinement it always made things better to understand. Instead of the silver, Jehovah gives us gold. Awesome! -- The new light completely makes sense. I have had discussions before where the idea that all anointed were the faithful and discreet slave actually just didn't make sense. Many of the anointed were/are humble members of a congregation. The dispensation of spiritual food that they do is really just the same as what the other sheep do. They preach from door to door just like many of the other sheep do and really are not involved any more than regular members of the congregation. This new light is so much more explainable and teachable. -- I`m very excited! Now I have something new to drink at J’s table.
    I know that Jehovah’s celestial chariot moves with lightning speed. But when we receive new understandings, I feel how the earthly part of Jehovah God’s organization is likewise on the move. And that makes me feel SO GREAT! -- The new explanation regarding the FDS makes SO much more sense, and is strong evidence to me of Jehovah's spirit guiding these brothers. Opposers will try to paint this false image of the Governing Body simply being tyrants with absolute authority, but that is SO not the case. -- I have met a couple of ones on the GB. They are so humble that no one in their right mind would even think that they were tyrants or haughty in mind, thinking that their word is IT! That is one of their qualifications to be a part of the group. They do not foist their own opinions on the group, as the notes from the Annual Meeting brought out.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

They're on to us!

Just received this from our friend who attended the AGM:

The Annual Meeting was fantastic. The notes that were sent to you were correct, however one thing was mentioned by Bro. Morrison and it was that the Annual Meeting should not be distributed by email, blogs or any internet sites. It should only be to encourage others. With that being said, the notes have been circulating in many forms. Next year should be a little different since many English speaking countries will be able to hear the Annual Meeting at the assembly halls, etc. All will find out about it on the pages of the Watchtower or Kingdom Ministry.
  • loosie
    loosie

(guess we of the other sheep got a promotion from 'belongings' to Domestics! smile )

Is that really a promotion?!?!?!

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

So how is the FDS to be headed, and what is the legal succession within the organization?

Specifically it was reported:

So [Matthew 24:]45 mentions the appointment of the FDS and this happened in 1919 after the cleansing of the organization. Who are the FDS?: [it] is "a small group of anointed brothersduring Jesus presenceserving at Headquarters who are directly involved in the preparing and dispensing of spiritual food." This is in line with the scriptural example of how Jehovah has always used a small group of people to teach and dispense spiritual food to the many. In the 1st century not all of the anointed were involved with dispensing spiritual food, it was only the apostles and older men (governing body) that did so.

In point of fact, the scriptures never state when or where the appointment of the FDS occurred (see Amos 3:7) Also in point of fact, the description of the FDS is not in line with the scriptural example of how [God] has always used a "small group of people to teach and dispense spiritual food to the many." Anciently, God used the Twelve Apostles, who were led by a senior member of the quorum (like Peter) to whom fell the revelation regarding circumcision and the repealing the Mosaic dietary restrictions. But even more anciently, he used prophets, not committees, to teach and dispense spiritual food to the many. And when God established lines of authority for the people, he always used the law of Witnesses. With Moses there were the 70 elders of Israel plus Joshua, Aaron and others, who saw the God of Israel. Apostles and prophets were the foundation of the church with Jesus Christ being the chief cornerstone. In fact, God never once used "a small group of people to teach and dispense spiritual food to the many" who were not apostles led by revelation. So are we to accept the dispensation of spiritual food to the many to be revelation from On High? On the JWs originial website, they denied that their religion ever received revelation in the same manner the apostles did, as though there was something wrong with it. "Light," whether it's new or old, is revelation in than how could it not be?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit