Awesome dishes, recipes, etc., let's share

by EntirelyPossible 5 Replies latest social entertainment

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I am bit of a foodie and I just made myself a delicious salad. Let's share recipes, dishes, delicious things to eat!

Right now I am eating a cucumber and tomato salad.

1 tomato

1 cucumber

1 small onion of youer choice (I prefer either white or red onions, sometimes spring onions)

Chop above into whatever size you like into what ever proportions you prefer (I like 1:1 ratio of tomato to cucumber, 2:1 for onion)

Put into a bowl, add a splash of olive oil, two splashes of red wine vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.

Enjoy the hell out of it.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

umm...

diced tomatoes or halved cherry tomatoes, lots of them

1 clove of garlic, smashed

2 tablespoons olive oil

2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar

1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon sugar

Mix this all up and let it sit until juicy. Add diced mozarella or feta cheese and lots of slivered basil leaves

Eat with sourdough bread toast

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I have an extremely similar recipe, hortensia, I use as an appetizer, I slice beefsteak tomatoes, make a balsamic, olive oil and garlic drizzle and drip it onto the tomatoes, then sprinkle on fresh basil and goat chees. I haven't done it with sugar, though.....

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

a tiny bit of sugar helps if the tomatoes aren't sweet enough or juicy enough

have to dip that toast into the tomato juice and vinaigrette, yum

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

What are the ingredients for a tomato and cucumber salad again? Can't remember

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

the ingredients are bacon and ham.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit