Why witnesses don't celebrate Halloween

by usualusername 20 Replies latest jw friends

• usualusername
    usualusername

Jehovah's Witnesses don't celebrate Halloween.

I guess they don't appreciate random people coming to their doors...

• sabastious
    sabastious

HAH! And they make their kids do it too!

-Sab

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You would think they would appreciate folks coming to their door. I think it's a missed opportunity to pass out some glad mags and count some time.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Demunzzzzzzzz.......

• jam
    jam

OK, you don,t celebrate Halloween because it,s

pagan, ghost, goblin and etc. What if one dress up

as Balaam donkey, a donkey that Jehovah cause to speak.

Go out as a biblical character, just think how many people

you will catch at the doors. Maybe you could dress up as

one of the animals on the Ark. A lot of possibilities.

• whathappened
    whathappened

That awful god dishonoring holiday???

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Halloween is pagan! ... Just like neckties and pants.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

First, that would take time from their dreary existence. Time spent decorating for Halloween is time that could have been spent on field circus. It costs Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund money to buy lights, pumpkins, ghosts and witches, costumes, and candy. As they believe that having fun is a sin, and it takes away from their dead work, they do not allow it.

Related to this is that, if they celebrated Halloween, they might find the REJECT Astaroth Party in spring that much less something to look forward to. Let them enjoy putting up lights and handing out candy (or going trick or treating themselves), and they are going to look forward to October 31 more than the REJECT Astaroth Party in the spring. It also takes away from appreciation for the dreary boasting sessions, and whatever a$$embly they have in the fall will lose much of its appeal. Besides, they are likely to skip a boasting session in favor of trick or treating.

Of course, the main attraction for Halloween, done properly, is that it gives praise and honor to Father Satan. And things that give praise to Satan, unlike things that praise Jehovah, are usually fun. Satan doesn't want His people to be stuck doing things with little or no fun value or to waste their time on dead works. I put up Halloween lights and props in my hallway lobby in my apartment, and everyone in the area seems to have fun looking at things. It is enjoyable work, even the cleaning that takes part to prepare for it (stickers stick better to clean surfaces than to dirty ones). I don't recall having field circus being anywhere near as enjoyable--and I can do my Halloween work in pieces. Try that with field circus.

And, since the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger is serving the enemy god Jehovah, they will not allow anything that is really fun. A person can meditate in an area where there are plenty of properly displayed Halloween or Christmas lights and props, enjoying the blessings that come from it. Of course, if they were properly trained to learn what everything is supposed to mean from childhood instead of Christian rubbish, they might benefit from both even more. However, the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger, and its god Jehovah, want everything to be miserable and dreary. Seems that everything that people naturally enjoy is censored, regulated, or banned by Jehovah--and everything that is banned by Satan is stupidity (which is the only sin in Satan). Anyone else notice that children do not need to be hounded to help out putting up Halloween or Christmas decorations, participating in trick or treating, or getting their Christmas work done? Or opening their Christmas presents? Or, when is the last time your child has complained about having the Christmas tree going up as they do about getting ready for a boasting session?

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades
    ... Just like neckties and pants.

say what now? pants?

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Halloween is pagan! ... Just like neckties and pants." Billy the Ex-Bethelite

And wedding rings...

And the whole concept of having a "god-king" dying for one's redemption...

And in fact the whole bible itself is basically derived from earlier, so-called 'pagan' religions, while we're at it.

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit