FDS Nu Lite is most fun I've had on JWN

by mind blown 8 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• mind blown
    mind blown

Until the official WTS study article is out, all we can do is speculate away, kinda like a good mind bending game. However, they are going to have a lot of explaining to do......

I was wondering what prompted this change, but after reading this on Wiki.... (highlighted is mine) the entire article is damning, making them out to be liars. I gather they recieved enough letters from the annointed regarding the WTS claims perhaps.....?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faithful_and_discreet_slave

The "faithful and discreet slave" is the term used by Jehovah's Witnesses to describe the collective body of "anointed" Christians alive on earth who expect to ascend to heaven at death. Nearly 12,000 Jehovah's Witnesses profess to be members of this "remnant" of the 144ooo 144,000. [ 1 ] [ 2 ] Jehovah's Witnesses believe in all matters this group exercises teaching authority pertaining to doctrine and articles of faith, [ 3 ] [ 4 ] although the religion maintains no network of anointed Witnesses. [5]

The "faithful and discreet slave" is described as a "class" of Christians that operates under the direct control of Jesus Christ [ 1 ] and has been delegated the task of "feeding" Christians with scriptural instruction and exercising direction over their interests and affairs. [ 6 ] The concept is a central doctrine of Jehovah's Witnesses' system of belief [ 7 ] and is based on their interpretation of the Parable of the Faithful Servant in Matthew24:45–47.

The doctrine was originated by Watch Tower Society founder Charles Taze Russell, who in 1881 first applied it to the "church"—the "little flock" of 144,000 who would go to heaven—but five years later explained that it was an individual who would act as a sole "channel" or agent for Christ, dispensing "food", or new truths, for God's "household". [ 8 ] Many Bible Students identified Russell as that "servant"; the Watch Tower Society rejected the view in 1927. [ 9 ]

Also:

Since the WTS depend heavily on the annointed class for their generation doctrine....certainly will be interesting seeing how it all unfolds....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eschatology_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses

In 2008 the "generation" teaching was again altered, and the term was used to refer to the "anointed" believers, some of whom would still be alive on earth when the great tribulation begins. [ 179 ] This was a return to a belief previously held between 1927 [ 180 ] and 1950 when the teaching of the "generation of 1914" not passing away was adopted. [ 181 ]

In 2010, the teaching of the "generation" was modified again, to refer to a new generation of "anointed" whose lives "overlap" with "the anointed who were on hand when the sign began to become evident in 1914." [ 182 ]

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I wince when I see this in action. To me, it's like watching an alcoholic grab for a drink. No good will come of it. And it's only a matter of time before the person harms themselves, or others.

It's just pathetic how the doctrine in this religion just gets further along into crazyville, and most 'dubs have nothing in them to jump off.

Some of the other changes had a little comic relief to them, but this is a big step in the control dept. It causes most of their publications to now have old light, and the GB doesn't even car to pretend now. It's their way or the highway. What a frickin' cult

• kepler
    kepler

Reading the Wikipedia article on Faithful and Discreet Slave...

Don't just read it. Copy it and archive it. Then send copies to anyone who you think should know about this. Make hard copies.

When it comes to certain elements of knowledge, Wikipedia is even more flexible than the old Soviet Encyclopedia. Officials don't have to cut out or blacken with ink the articles they no longer like. The article drops in the electronic memory hole and the paragraphs or nearby items close ranks about the absess. If there is any truth to the last few days of discussion, the "experts" will be busy updating the old interpretation.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

I told my zealous JW mom yesterday - like it was big news... she said "Well, that was a given all along!" ARRRGH! Please don't get too happy here - the VAST majority of our Stepford bretheren will NOT BLINK at this news. Their brains are already fried.

Sorry to be a party pooper. Sigh...

I wanted to refer to an article as new as 2008 - and she said to me "Oh son - thats old material. We have continuous new light - don't go back to old understanding. Follow the Organization."

I wanted to jump off a bridge after the call.

• simon17
    simon17

Why would any JW put any stock in what Wikipedia says?

It doesn't matter what you find or say, this is not going to be big news. It doesn't really change anything and is really kind of just a confirmation of what people kind of suspected all along.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Someone made a comment on a similar thread regarding this 'noo lite', that this latest teaching makes ALL of their previous literature obsolete...

Highly amusing. All one has to do, is pick up something that's 1 - 2 years old, show them the OLD teaching, and then ask about the current tightening of control - 'noo lite'.

• mind blown
    mind blown

simon17 Wiki is actually more for my own entertainment then anything. I also feel the will not make any difference to most JWs, even if there's not much scriputal back up. Most JW's robotically read and underline WT study articles without deep study.

On the other hand. JW's who are saying "well it makes sense" have not heard the whole story (those at Pentecost nor the apostles are the part of FDS). When the full story unfolds, it may become another story.........

Also, there are MANY who have been having doubts for a while, as well as newer doubters which the current new light will effect deeply

• designs
    designs

The Revelation Climax book went to great lengths to thread together Russell's time to the present JWs and although it never worked that was their story, now they just want to cut and run and a newer version of their history will emerge.

• falseprophet
    falseprophet

With regards to Wikipedia, there is a tab on the top right called "View History". It shows a list of editors - just click on the dates to get the old versions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit