According to the Bible, was Jesus attempting to start a "movement"?

by jeremiah18:5-10 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jeremiah18:5-10
    jeremiah18:5-10

All Christian religions assume that to be the case, thus organizations, clergy, laity, R&F, etc.

Christianity (religion) is nothing more than corporate big business. Is this what Jesus was trying to do?

In my reading of the Gospel accounts, it seems Jesus was just the opposite. He sought to attract individuals and to change their way of life. He saw people as oppressed, mistreated, and abused. He emphasized a personal accountability and spirituality. He directed people to God and brought God to life through his teachings and illustrations.

Christian religions dig through the Gospels seeking to find a way to justify their existence and authority, investing endless amounts of time, energy, and money into striving after this coveted power and authority. They miss the whole point of Jesus' ministry.

WTBTS is no different. They do not have a "noble" intention or motivation. their desire is solely to more firmly entrench their limited authority and try to make it absolute. This new understanding of the FDS illustrates this point perfectly. They are "elitists"that want power and authority for themselves. always have been and always will be.

Jesus went so far as to say, "my kingdom is no part of this world". He simply didn't desire to set up any sort of "organization" or church or kingdom. His followers wanted him to, and they desired positions of prominence in it. But Jesus recognized such as fleshly desires not spiritual desires.

The entire concept of Christianity in the NT is of a personal nature, empowering and training ones' conscience and learning to focus on their personal relationship with God through Jesus. Any and all efforts to involve men and fleshly authorities worked contrary to that mission. Even Paul wrote that he was nothing more than a planter or a waterer, God was the one who causes growth. He recognized that he wasn't anything special and only focused on his "authority" when defending himself from attacks by authority-hungry individuals in the congregations.

All of this crap sickens me. I hate what "religion" has done to such a pure concept and a conceptually great way of life.

• Jaime l de Aragon
  • EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Well said Jeremiah.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Maybe not according to the bible. But it's a well documented fact that he ate a lot of fiber.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit