New Light brings new questions

by Indian Larry 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Indian Larry
    Indian Larry

According to Cedars blog:

"The events described in Matthew 24:46,47 now refer to Jesus coming during the Great Tribulation and giving the Governing Body their reward in heaven along with the rest of the anointed."

If this is true then how can they separate v.45 from v.46&47. The scripture says the "the master on arriving" will appoint him. However that is ONLY if he is faithful. The parallel scripture in Luke 12:47-51 make it clear that the slave can either be faithful or NOT depending on his actions. Whether the slave is faithful or not is decided upon by Christ when he comes during the Great Tribulation.

What reasoning do they use to separate the identification of the FDS with its reward coming (at a minimum) almost 100 years later?

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

it's a parable, read Luke 11 (I think) about the faithful steward, they love to ignore that, and it lists 4 categories for the slave not just faithful or evil. It's for each anointed person on an invidual basis and they fall into one of those categories at either death or if Christ returns while they are still alive, if that happens they are transformed into spirit and raised up w/ the dead anointed being raised up.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Jesus clearly states "that" slave can be discreet or evil. The judgement would only be known at the great tribulation. Silly JWs don't even read context.

• Listener
    Listener

Verse 45 states that the Master will appoint the F&DS over his household, it does not give a date.

The GB taught that there had always been F&DS since 33AD. It appears that they are now saying that this was not the case and there was only one F&DS appointed in 1919.

Verse 46 & 47 states that on the Masters return he will appoint the F&DS over all his belongings.

Apparently the GB are now saying that they recognize this return will not occur until the GT (a time in the future although I believe they did teach at one time that the GT began in 1914). This means that they do not believe the F&DS has currently been appointed over all Jesus' belongings but will when they recieve their rewards in heaven.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think we will have to wait and see if they write anything in a Watchtower that spells out the latest load of sh**.

But I think they are saying a small group at H.Q in 1919 were appointed as the FDS to control the earthly interests, hence the GB today are the heirs of this small group, and they are the only ones at present with responsibility over the belongings and with feeding the "Domestics" which group include the rest of the Anointed , who will be given responsibility only when they get to heaven , and the Other Sheeples.

So now, no matter how many partakers there are, the GB has to take no notice of what they think as they are not yet in Heaven,

I wonder what these 11,000 individuals think of this ?

And of course the O.S simply have to shut up and sup up from this crock of s**t.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    sup up from this crock of s**t.

And that's exactly what it all is. Why can't people see that this is not real? It's just a fictional story. If someone wrote it in a novel the reviewers would see it as ill thought-out and far-fetched.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit