Does anyone remember this 1989 Awake! series?

by braincleaned 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

The series was called "Religion’s Future in View of Its Past", and started in the Awake! of October 22, 1989.

How ironic they went thru this series - well done, by the way - and never applied it to themselves! Worse; they will disfellowship you for bringing up the false premises of the 1914 explaination, and their continuous flip-flopping on the "generation'' thing. Worse yet - they continue to lie about what the Bible Students were saying about 1914 - misleading to suggest they said it was the year Christ became King - when it was never said once! It was to be the 'end'!

Anyway - I was just wondering if some of you remembered that series - and how hypocritical the WTS is about their own past.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Intriguing. Now you've made me want to read that one. Well, skim it at least...

--sd-7

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I'm sure I read them but I was about 14 I'm sure it wasn't "intresting" to me at that time.... Now it would be

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Do you have a pix of the cover, I might remember. It was about this time that I began my internal questions about what I believed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit