Sent 3 years ago From: oompa (WT letter)

by lisavegas420 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Sent3 years ago
    Fromoompa
    Tolisavegas420
    TitleWT letter
    MessageHey vegas...if you want the entire letter with all my research let me know...it is six pages. The bottom line on the response was they would not even send me a direct letter with answers, but chose to send the answer letter to my elders who read only portions of it to me...my elder dad of 30 plus years said he had never heard of that. the elders told me not to share any of the info as it could hurt others faith...i said how the hell is that if this is the real truth about OUR bible and how it has changed the greek scriptures???

The whole thing was spooky and weird, and the elders knew wtbs was lying and hiding shit. Since the wtbs did not really give any REAL answers, I nearly forced the elders to write back to wt and ask "hey you told this bro you had indirect evidence that the name Jehovah was in the original writings of the Greek scriptures....and that is exactly what he asked you...so please share it with us so we can help him"......the next letter to them was this...and i mean exacty...

"We have nothing further to add on this matter...your brothers...christian congreation of Jehovahs Witnesses!!!!!" so the letter i got said they would be happy to assist my elders with more info if needed....and that is what i got!!! dammmm liars.... here is my condensed letter and their reply:

Condensed letter to WTBS: What little reply they did is at the end of each sentence in All Cap Italics. Actual letter is 6 pages due to all the extra support material. If you want it all, I can send it later. WTS would NOT send me the "answer" letter, but said they would work through my local elder body and they got it. They would only read it to me, and not let me see it or copy it. Because I had specifically asked for actual evidence to support their position of "restoring" the divine name and all they said was they had indirect evidence, I FORCED my elders to re-write them and clarify their response, and provide the evidence. Their second reply was that they had provided all the information that they intended to!
    Even some of my elders really wanted to know what type of evidence they had that was strong enough to "change" the Bible in such a major way. Both of their letters were VERY lame. I was also IMPLORED three times by them to not share this info with any other brothers. I told them that was the first time I had ever been asked to hide a truth, and that I though "light" was supposed to not be put under a basket, but set on top to shine.
    I later showed the elders dozens of WT material stating how divinely protected and accurate the Bible is, and how we can trust it. They have acknowledged they can not explain or reconcile the two conflicting positions the WT has on this subject.

1. I had noticed in Revelation and Jude several places that not only lacked quotation marks, but there were no direct Hebrew Scripture cross-references. I expected my Circuit Overseer would have a logical explanation instead of that in Appendix 1-D "it doesn't say we restored it ONLY where quoted". (1)Why is that not plainly indicated there, as did the preceding sentence about the "J" versions, that we also "have restored the divine name not only when coming upon quotations from the Hebrew Scriptures but also in other places where the texts called for such restoration."? ---NO REPLY
    2. I did find one paragraph in W82 3/15 pp. 26-27 that states 'the name Jehovah is used in addition to Hebrew Scripture quotations', but no one, except my C.O. has ever explained this to me. And no one else seems to know this either, including my Father, or any of my local Elders I have spoken with about this matter. (This statement is also absent from ALL later reference materials about the use of the Divine Name in the NWT including: 1984 NWT Reference Bible forward and appendix, 1984 Divine Name Brochure, 1988 Insight On The Scriptures, and 1990 All Scriptures Is Inspired Of God And Beneficial) (2)However, since Revelation 22:18,19 is so clear about "anyone make(ing) an addition to" and "anyone tak(ing) anything away from the words of the scroll of the prophecy", how can we change LORD to Jehovah without firm evidence the Divine name was in the original writings? ---NO REPLY
    3. (3) Is there any type of evidence to support this position? ---WTS"WE HAVE INDIRECT EVIDENCE IT WAS ONCE THERE"
    4. (4) Why would we not just translate Ky´ri
    • os as LORD but perhaps use a different font, or put asterisks beside LORD when it refers to our Creator instead of changing Ky´rios to Jehovah? ---NO REPLY
    5. However, there is still a vast difference in how the first century Christians in the Greek Scriptures use it, and how we use it today. (5) Especially since we have so patterned organization after the first century Christian Congregation, why do we use the name Jehovah so much more like the Jews did in the Hebrew Scriptures, than did first century Christians? ---NO REPLY
    6. Concerning the reasons given for "restoring" the name Jehovah where Ky'ri-os or The-os' actually appear: The so-called Christians, then, who "replaced the Tetragrammaton by kyrios" in the Septuagint copies, were not the early disciples of Jesus. They were persons of later centuries, when the foretold apostasy was well developed and had corrupted the purity of Christian teachings. -2Th 2:3; 1Ti 4:1 (My next question is based on the seeming contrast of the following quotes): Have these been preserved for us with like care? An examination of the vast reservoir of manuscripts preserved in Greek, as well as in other languages, shows that they have. 11 A Reservoir of Over 13,000 Manuscripts. A tremendous fund of manuscript copies of all 27 canonical books is available today. Some of these cover extensive portions of Scripture; others are mere fragments. According to one calculation, there are over 5,000 manuscripts in the original Greek. In addition, there are over 8,000 manuscripts in various other languages-a total exceeding 13,000 manuscripts all together. Dating from the 2nd century C.E. to the 16th century C.E., they all help in determining the true, original text. . These manuscript evidences provide strong assurance that we now have a dependable Greek text in refined form*** si p. 320 Study Number 6-The Christian Greek Text of the Holy Scriptures *** 32 Both this and the preceding study have been devoted to a discussion of the manuscripts and text of the Holy Scriptures. Why has this been given such exhaustive treatment? The purpose has been to show conclusively that the texts of both the Hebrew and the Greek Scriptures are essentially the same as the authentic, original text that Jehovah inspired faithful men of old to record. (6) Is there not a direct contrast in the positions below, and the above quotes about the ancient Greek Manuscripts being altered by apostates? ---NO REPLY
    7. Concerning Jerome's findings: Moreover, the Hebrew itself is preserved to this day in the library at Caesarea, which the martyr Pamphilus so diligently collected. I also was allowed by the Nazarenes who use this volume in the Syrian city of Beroea to copy it." (7) Would this not be similar to finding the "Dead Sea Scrolls"? ---NO REPLY
    8. (8) If the Divine Name was there in the original book of Mathew in Hebrew, would not Jerome have considered this a huge discovery, and written about it? ---NO REPLY
    9. (9) Does this seem logical? These quotes above seem to agree with what I have always been taught, that God would NEVER allow major changes to be made to His Word, and that we have very accurate ancient manuscripts due to the short time between the originals and the oldest copies. WTS- "JEHOVAH HAS ALLOWED SATAN TO CORRUPT HIS WORD IN THE SAME MANNER HE ALLOWED SATAN TO CORRUPT JOBS FLESH (JOB 2:6,7) JEHOVAH HAS NOT DIVINELY PROTECTED THE TRANSLATING OR COPYING OF HIS WORD DOWN THROUGH THE CENTURIES. WHILE GOD INSPIRED THE BIBLE WRITERS, IT WAS IMPERFECT MEN THAT WROTE AND RE-WROTE THE SCRIPTURES AND SO ERRORS HAVE OCCURRED. AT TIMES, UNSCRUPULUS MEN HAVE TAMPERED WITH SCRIPTURES IN ORDER TO PROMOTE FALSE TEACHINGS. "
    10. (10) How can this information above be in harmony with the point quoted earlier, that: "Sometime during the second or third century C.E. the scribes removed the Tetragrammaton from both the Septuagint and the Christian Greek Scriptures and replaced it with Ky´ri
    • os, "Lord" or Theos´, "God."? ---NO REPLY
    11. (11) Some of the "J" versions even changed the name Jesus to Jehovah, so why we would use these documents for support, when we have very near original Greek manuscripts? ---NO REPLY
    12. (12) If somehow Apostates changed all existing copies of the Christian Greek Scriptures in such a major way, then how can we possibly know what is correct, and does this mean that we actually have NO accurate ancient manuscripts of the Greek Scriptures? ---NO REPLY
    13. (13) How could we ever expect to find the "accurate knowledge of truth" without any accurate copies of the Christian Greek Scriptures? ---NO REPLY
    14. (14) Also, since Christians use the Hebrew Scriptures as well as the Greek, why would the early Apostates leave the Divine Name in the Hebrew Scriptures nearly 7000 times, but bother to take it our of the Christian Greek Scriptures? ---NO REPLY
    15. (15) and is there any evidence of Apostate changes being made to the Hebrew Scriptures? ---NO REPLY
    16. *** Rbi8 p. 1562 1B Scribal Changes Involving the Divine Name ***From time immemorial the Jewish canons decreed that the incommunicable name is to be pronounced Adonai as if it were written ???? [´Adho
    • nai´] instead of ???? [YHWH]. Nothing was, therefore, more natural for the copyists than to substitute the expression which exhibited the pronunciation for the Tetragrammaton which they were forbiden to pronounce." (16) Therefore, what is the support for the understanding that the Tetragrammaton was once in the Christian Greek Scriptures, and has been removed, despite there not being any ancient manuscripts to support that it was ever there? ---"INDIRECT EVIDENCE IT WAS ONCE THERE"
    17. (17) Is there any Scriptural, Historical, or Archeological evidence to support this position? ---"INDIRECT EVIDENCE IT WAS ONCE THERE"
    18. (18) And since there are no Greek manuscripts with the Tetragrammaton in them, how can we use the word RESTORED instead of CHANGED, ALTERED, or ADDED? ---NO REPLY
    19. (19) And how can we know what else may have been changed by the Apostate copyists? ---NO REPLY
    20. I have enclosed a copy of a page in the forward of my Fathers 1951 New World Translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures, that was very informative in helping me to understand why in 72 places where the "J" versions used the name Jehovah, our Bible puts it only in the footnotes. (20) Why has this helpful explanation has been taken out of our current Bibles? ---NO REPLY
  • NOLAW
    NOLAW

First century Christians read the TETRAGRAMMATON in their 'Bibles'.

Why did the NWM (M: for mastu******n) replace it with Jehovah?

• Will Power
    Will Power

This is hard to read. You can just feel the pain.

The disbelief that everything you've ever thought and taught is now suspect when the basic truth is crumbling all around and the last hope has to be that SLAVE on high who will set things straight. NO REPLY.

the rape of the soul.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

Hi Lisa thanks for posting .. was just talking to my mom bout this and I needed some Info..

• Quendi
    Quendi

bookmarked for future reference

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

Thx Lisa!

Bookmarked for later

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Thank you for sharing this.

Share this

Google+