Pedophilia & Door to Door Work?

by Guest 77 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

The newspapers in Boston are not letting up on the Churchs' allowance of pedophile priests and Cardinal. If there getting this type of heat what should the witnesses expect when this subject matter becomes public?

Will not people become suspicious thinking that the next witness knocking at their door may be a pedophile? What public image will the witnesses have? The long range implications will be immeasuarable. By not attending to this problem the org. have created a severe problem. There is a difference for being persecuted for righteousness sake than for not practicing what you preach. "...do you the one teaching someone else, not teach yourself...? Romans 2:21

If Jesus' disciples left him for saying you must 'eat of my flesh and drink of my blood,' image the back-lash the witnesses will have for not taking quick action against pedophilia? Many friends will be left holding the bag/quandary when asked this question. Actually, how many friends are aware of such practices within the org. since it has been hushed-up? There's going to be a lot of tap dancing on this one.

Guest 77

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

FOR SALE: Armoured Personnel Carier -Seats 16 comfortably, 20 if you remove the on-board armory (those who use the sword perish by it)Great service machineA little steep on gas though but you can split the cost. You can park anywhere! Features multi-drive and quick exit. Turret can be replaced with bullet proof camera for preview of neighborhood. Bullet proof tires ensure completion of service time without any unfortunate interruptions, and on-board coffie maker and portajohn can be ordered now at no extra cost.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Guest77,

I agree and Bill Bowen's site nails this issue too.

This is the main difference between the Catholic and the WTS. This issue brings it right to the public's door and that is something very key to this issue.

Dateline and other lamestreet press people really have to hit this part of the issue.

Hit it hard enough, you will outrage the public enough and you will see change.

hawk

p.s.,

Biblexaminer,

I am so sorry I can't get a hold of you. I am stuck on a picket line. I don't knwo when all of this will end. I hope you and the "headache" are doing good.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf
    This is the main difference between the Catholic and the WTS. This issue brings it right to the public's door and that is something very key to this issue.

Thanks for unintentionally emphasizing the fact that we JWs are serious enough with regards Jesus’ instructions to go make disciples that we even take the message to the people’s doors, not wishing to miss anyone. Yes, admirably, JWs stand out in stark contrast to most any denomination of Christendom … not just the Catholics. Insofar as Catholics go I'm nearing 63 years of age and have yet to be personally/directly approached by a member of their faith ... other than one of their kids coming to the door wanting to know if I would wish to buy a raffle ticket for a drawing during their fall festival celebration.

============

The very idea of a KNOWN child-abuser being anywhere at all on my personal premises would make me quite sick … would make me want to call the authorities.

Insofar as permitting an ACCUSED child-abuser to engage in the ministry, due to other distractions I haven't really given much thought about that.

Can people who become one of Jehovah's Witnesses turn to molesting children? Sure they can, as anything is possible with people who have hardly ever been exposed to anything other than MAN’S SYSTEM, and the “rat race” way of life it has to offer. Does that mean that such criminals have a justifiable alibi? Of course not, but it does point to the real root of this problem -- and, as a matter of fact, almost every other problem that mankind is troubled with.

If Adam hadn’t rejected God’s oversight such things would hardly, if ever, be heard of. But to be only concerned with the injustice, and not concerned at all with the solution is idiotic. ALL people, whether directly affected by such an atrocious act or not, should be looking for a total solution to why these things happen.

Apostates are quick and intent to point the finger at the WTS, as they have done regarding this issue. Yet apostates have little interest in the long-term fix -- which is Christ’s 1000-yearlong Kingdom.

But what if the WTS is at fault and hasn’t used good judgment? (I have no way of knowing for sure, because I’m not in a position to know all the facts.) Is the apostate really such a fine person when s/he cares only a little? To look for a total solution is to care a lot, is that not true? In addition to properly dealing with the criminal, the one that wants a real solution is the one who REALLY does care. Simply put, then, the apostate cares only a “little”.

An “apostate” is one that has abandoned belief in God and the Bible, AFTER having been exposed to them. And that’s what most of you here have done, even though some of you profess to still believe in God and the Bible. (To reject the people who have dedicated their lives to genuinely serving God, namely Jehovah’s Witnesses, is to reject God and the Bible.) In my estimation there’s no excuse whatsoever for having done that. My feeling is that if a person is truly sad over all the bad things that affect the human race they THEN have the key to properly understanding the Bible. If that’s true, then most of you here never possessed that “key” to start with.

And so I have no doubts about such a thing as child abuse having happened amongst JWs. To BECOME one of Jehovah's Witnesses though is just a starting point, which was preceded by a "Bible study" and satisfactorily having answered a number of questions before baptism. Even years later, depending upon the individual’s determination, the person may not have made significant progress on the road towards holiness (something that only the 144,000 actually achieve in this lifetime).

Can children lie? Some have been known to, yes. Seems I've heard somewhere that a person is innocent until proven guilty, and I suppose that rule applies even if the accuser is a child. However, I must say that if I held a position of responsibility, and I was faced with a complaint regarding such a matter I would be very disturbed and intent on looking into the matter. Other than that I just don’t know, since, like I’ve already mentioned, I don’t have full knowledge of any of such cases.

Do I think that someone accused of molestation by a child should be allowed to engage in the Field Ministry? I believe that if I were still attending meetings I would likely know the one charged well enough so that I would be able to decide if the charge was legitimate or not. There is such a thing as really knowing a person, you know. If you are acquainted with a person that well, then you know whether or not the person would be capable of committing such a thing. Of course hardly anything's ever 100% sure in THIS world, which includes man’s jurisdictional system. But, if I had definite reason to believe that the person has done such a thing I wouldn’t waste any time in reporting him/her to the police. Has the WTS failed in doing this, possibly so but I doubt it.

I might've said more, but I’m fatigued.

Yadirf

Edited mostly to break into smaller paragraphs for easier reading.

Daniel 11:35 ... a KEY prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Yardiff, the point being is, they should have taken the bull by the horns and done something about it. But no, they dragged their feet and now they got themselves in a mess. What about the UN fiasco? Again a mess. The 1975 was another mess-up. When will they learn to OPEN and SHUT their mouths at the right time?

My personal experience with the org. gives rise to doubt. They never handled my case like mature men. I've written letters after letters and it fell on deaf ears. My letters were not critical but requesting HELP. In short, they serendipitously did me a favor.

My mom and daughter are witnesses and they talk to me as though nothing has happened. I allow people to make their choices and I will not interfere. We are all answerable to the Creator and that is his job, not mine.

Guest 77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit