Listen To The Slave Like You Would Jehovah (looking for quote)

by middleman 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• middleman
    middleman

I'm looking for the quote of this, I think it's from the 50's but I'm not sure. I've been looking for it on the WT Library, but so far no luck. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, or know of a similar one? Thank you in advance.

• middleman
    middleman

Nevermind, I found it. It's the 1957 Watchtower June 15th pg. 370.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Just to show that they still do it, after all the above quote is pretty old :

Wt 2011 8/1 p28

"Third, Brother Jackson reminded the students that as verses 20 and 21 show, “you can expect direction—so look for it!” Today, he noted, each Christian needs to listen carefully as Jehovah speaks through the pages of the Bible and through Bible-based publications."

Wt 2000 5/1 p16

What attitude should we have if we are really listening to what the spirit says through the slave class? The apostle Paul answers: “Be obedient to those who are taking the lead among you and be submissive.” (Hebrews 13:17) True, all involved in this process are imperfect men. Still, Jehovah takes delight in using his human servants, though imperfect, to guide us in this time of the end.

[Picture on page 15]

Jehovah speaks to us through the Bible and by means of “the faithful and discreet slave”

Wt 1988 4/1 p31

In Japanese, the word kiku (to hear) includes the meaning not only of listening and obeying but also of judging whether a thing is good or bad. When someone speaks to us, it is good to listen in this sense so that when obeying, we do so not by mere credulity but by choice. When our heavenly Father, Jehovah God, speaks, whether through his Word, the Bible, or through his earthly organization, it is all the more important for us to listen and obey, thus proving that we are obedient worshipers who do not ignore the loving reminder: “Did you hear me?”

The recent WT Oct 15 2012 is also pretty clear that elders stand in Jesus' right hand and are directed by him in what they do..

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The recent WT Oct 15 2012 is also pretty clear that elders stand in Jesus' right hand and are directed by him in what they do..

Doc

• middleman
    middleman

Thanks ya'll!

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

9/15/2010 WT page 15 states
    "The Governing Body publishes spiritually encouraging literature in many languages. This spiritual food is based on God’s Word. Thus, what is taught is not from men but from Jehovah.—Isa. 54:13."

"[A mature christian] does not advocate or insist on personal opinions or harbor private ideas when it comes to Bible understanding. Rather, he has complete confidence in the truth as it is revealed by Jehovah God through his Son, Jesus Christ, and "the faithful and discreet slave." Watchtower 2001 Aug 1 p.14

"It is vital that we appreciate this fact and respond to the directions of the "slave" as we would to the voice of God, because it is His provision." Watchtower 1957 Jun 15 p.370

• middleman
    middleman

Thank you EOM!

• EndofMysteries
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

The WT uses the expression "based on God's Word" I notice, even they do not have the gall to say "comes directly from god's Word" as they know most ,99%, of their drivil bears no relation to what the Bible actually says.

Based on God's word they come up with all sorts of extra stuff that the R&F are then supposed to, and sadly do, accept as the word of God.

The Slave Trade, Apartheid, Homophobia, Mysogyny, Racism, War etc were or are justified by people basing their prejudices on the Bible.

• carla
    carla

marking

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit