Interesting

by elder-schmelder 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

Lev 19:29

29 “‘Do not profane your daughter by making her a prostitute, in order that the land may not commit prostitution and the land actually be filled with loose morals.

Gen 19:6-8

6 Finally Lot went out to them to the entrance, but he shut the door behind him. 7 Then he said: “Please, my brothers, do not act badly. 8 Please, here I have two daughters who have never had intercourse with a man. Please, let me bring them out to YOU. Then do to them as is good in YOUR eyes

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

I guess that it was ok because he didn't charge them any money?

• whathappened
    whathappened

Didn't Lot, the righteous man do that before the Mosaic Law was written? That makes is OK, Right????

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

If you read Gen 19 in it's coded form, you get an entirely different story. Genesis is a very strange book, a few of the OT books are very different then all the others.

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

What is it's coded form?

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

The story of Lot and his daughters always irritated me. He offers to release them into a guaranteed gang-rape situation in Sodom, his wife turns back and gets turned to salt for no compelling reason, which then provides a not-so-clever segue into how he impregnates his own daughters. If a wife were so desirable, why didn't he hit up Abraham and have him import one from Mesopotamia like he did for Isaac? Looks like a cover-up for a filthy and disgusting man. My guess is that the incest legend wouldn't die and the Genesis writer needed to find a way to explain it to the masses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit