PRESS ROOM OVERSEER KILLS HIMSELF?

by new boy 6 Replies latest jw friends

• new boy
    new boy

DOES MANY ONE HAVE MORE INFO. ABOUT RICHARD WHEELLOCK'S DEATH? I HEARD HE HAD A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN AFTER HIS WIFE DIED, THEY SHIPPED HIM OFF TO THE FARM, HE SET AROUND FOR MONTHS IN A BATHROBE, NEVER SAYING A WORD. I HEARD THAT ONE DAY THEY CAME IN HIS ROOM THE WINDOW OPEN, HE WAS ON THE PAYMENT OUTSIDE. JUMPED? PLEASE UPDATE.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Ugghh!>:+

• anewperson
    anewperson

When was this? 70s, 80s, 90s??

• Dino
    Dino

Here is something from Randy Watter's site:

< http://www.freeminds.org/bethel/scrapbook.htm

• new boy
    new boy

to DINO--------- thanks for the conformation!!! I always wondered, I ended up in the press room before I left in 1974, I never really cared for Richard, hopfully he has found peace were ever he is!

• Dino
    Dino

Hi new boy.

My pleasure and welcome aboard.
    We look forward to hearing some of your experiences in the future.

Dino

• anewperson
    anewperson

Randy wrote "The stay for many Bethelites was not as happy as mine. This space is reserved in honor of Richard Wheelock who jumped to his death during a time of despondency and Thomas Hagen, who committed suicide not long after leaving Bethel (incidents not related). There have been more than a few suicides at Bethel (or immediately thereafter as in the case of Thomas)."

How many JW parents would want to send their kids there if they knew about these suicides? Putting names to them makes the statement that Bethel has driven some to suicide more credible. Besides the 3 discussed lately how many others have suicided at Bethel?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit