New Book on Jehovah's Witnesses?

by stevieb1 9 Replies latest jw friends

• stevieb1
    stevieb1

We've had two from Ray Franz in the 1980/90's and one from Jim Penton (mid 80's) and some brilliant tomes on specific subjects such as those from Carl Jonnsen but now we're in 2002 isn't it time we had a new and up-to-date masterpiece to defend truth against error?

What I mean is that most Witnesses today may not be too bothered about Beth-Sarim or what happened within the WT back in 1975 they want to read something bang up-to-date in one succinct volume.

Does anyone know of any works in progress? The Watchtower apologists (such as Stafford and Furuli) are quite active why aren't the ex-JW's?

• JeffT
    JeffT

I'm nearly done with a novel. If I can get it published it may rattle their cage a little. Although the religion at the center of the book is fictional, it is based on my time in the Borg.

I an invision the flock being warned not to read it because it was written by an apostate.

• new boy
    new boy

I hope too also finish a book I stared 2 months ago, It wouldn't be a bitter {look what they did to me thing} I want alot of humor, You know something like "Angels's Ashes" Looking for true funny story's.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

There is a new book out entitled "Awakening of a Jehovah's Witness" by Diane Wilson and published by Prometheus Books. It's obtainable from www.amazon.com

There were a couple of threads a couple of weeks ago discussing parts of the book.

Now that I've completed my reading I intended adding more comments. When I get time!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• Celia
    Celia

Personal experiences compiled would make a good non-fiction book.
    Chapter 1 -- Alan F.
    Chapter 2 -- Farkel
    Chapter 3 -- Amazing
    Chapter 4 -- Waiting
    Chapter 5 -- UncleBruce
    ...etc...

Ray Franz is updating his CoC with each new printing, and there's a lot of stuff in it now that was not there in the first edition.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hello,

I am working on a book titled 'The Influence of the Poetry Of Henry VIII On The Structure Of The Theocratic Ministry School'

To give you a glimpse of its argument, the first chapter is entitled 'Off With Their Heads', and advocates the public beheading of all those who get 'W's' three times consecutively.

Apart from that I understand that Jim Penton is on the final leg of his new book which should by all accounts be very interesting, and I do know of two other books of European origins and of a less historical bent, that are being worked on as we speak.

My own of course, which presents compelling evidence that Henry VIII was actually a member of the ‘faithful slave’ class and should be credited the with published title ‘Watchtower’ from a misconstrued drunken statement made to one of his new wives, ‘What my flower?’, will be a runaway and hide best seller.

HS

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

LOL @ H.S. Brilliant, mate!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• Farkel
    Farkel

Professor Edmund Gruss has recently completed a large book on the JW Movement. Maximus reviewed the manuscript and said it was excellent. Gruss definitely does his homework.

Check out Randy's site if you're interested. If it's now available, I'm sure he carries it.

Farkel

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

LOL@Hillary!!!

• SEAKEN2001
    SEAKEN2001

Celia,

I agree with you. I think a book of experiences would be great. A selcetion from all walks of life would be good.

I also have an idea about a book of questions. Just questions. I have collected quite a few over the years and could easily fill a book.

HS, funny!

Sean

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit